Breakfast Suggestions

Options
Anyone have some good ideas for breakfast? Mine are getting boring. Sometimes it's Greek yogurt and fruit and other times it's whole wheat toast with peanut butter, but I need more variety. Most of the time I eat at work, so it can't be anything needing a stove. Something quick, easy and healthy. Thanks

Replies

• StephieF87
    StephieF87 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have not tried them yet but I plan on it...I have tried other recipes for her and they are awesome!

http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2012/08/08/tomorroats/
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Most mornings I have two peices of toast, with a wedge of laughing cow creamy swiss on each. On top of the cheese I either put some fruit (blueberries, raspberries, ext) and sprinkle a little splenda packet.Or, If I run out of fruit, i put some cinnamon on top of the cheese with spledna and have come cimmon/sugar toast. Mmmmm
  • jt0405
    jt0405 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    scramble Egg whites with a slice of cheese on top, add hot sauce or salsa,
  • Roxie861
    Roxie861 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When am going to work..i take a yoghurt and belvitta breakfast biscuits. Or boil two eggs from the night before and have banana with it- very filling :)
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal --
    1/2 cup regular (not quick cooking) oatmeal
    1/2 cup vanilla yogurt

Then add what you'd like. I personally like a little bit of sugar-free vanilla syrup and a handful of frozen blackberries.
    Or, try the syrup and some cinnamon.

Make at night, and refrigerate over night in a small container. May make up to four days in advance.

True recipes call for chia seeds as well, but this is the recipe I use.

Kaye
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Bacon, egg and cheese on an everything bagel
  • jlynn6810
    jlynn6810 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Mgetsfit
    Mgetsfit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm eating bread (usually granary bread or spelt or rye, no white bread!) with Buko/Philadelphia almost every morning since months xD
    Sometimes with some berries or a slice of turkey or chicken on top. Fills up really good, but I could also need some new ideas...

And sometimes some porridge too! :)
  • natmadc
    natmadc Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of MFPers dont like these but a Vitatop (Banana Muffin and Chocolate are my faves) and Glass of Milk gets me going :)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Bacon, egg and cheese on an everything bagel

this.

Also - tacos, meatball subs, steak, burgers... whatever leftovers I have from last night's dinner.

Don't feel like you have to eat traditional breakfast foods just because it's "breakfast" time.
  • MidlifeGlowUp
    MidlifeGlowUp Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I eat at the office too. This morning I had a whole grain english muffin with almond butter and a sliced banana. The flavor combination was delicious.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    I still eat cereal. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Cereal!!! I dont eat the sugary cereals but, lately, have stuck to LIFE, Cheerios, Chex, or Crispix...I even bring it to work and eat it at my desk. I also eat Oatmeal on the weekends. SOMETIMES, I'll get the instant oatmeal for work if I am really feeling it.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Eggs can be cooked up in so many ways. A quick idea is to use your muffin tin. In each cup, put one egg mixed (as if to omelette) with cheese, sauteed onion, peppers, tomato,....pretty much anything you can think of. Bake it up until just firm. Freeze in two's in sandwich bags. For a quick breakfast, pull out a bag, warm up briefly in microwave and have a piece of whole grain toast and fruit.
    Have scrambled eggs in a pita with jalapenos and salsa.
    I have also made a bowl of oatmeal, and stirred in a tbsp of peanut butter and a tsp of jam. It's SO good....tastes like a peanut butter and jam sandwich.
  • michellewilliams10
    Options
    toast with sliced tomato, no butter
    oats so simple microwave porridge with chopped apple or banana
    warburtons crumpets with greek yoghurt
    boiled egg on bread
    muller breakfast corners
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Bob's Red Mill Meusli is good. I mix it with half a cup of plain yogurt and some fruit. No cooking required.
    Edited to say I like to use regular yogurt for this, it has a less ovewhelming flavor.
  • GmeB
    GmeB Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    frosted mini wheats or any cereal you like,measured out in baggie,and munched on.No milk required for most of them.the chocolate mini wheats are wonderful
  • GmeB
    GmeB Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Dunkin Donuts,Subway,and McDonalds all have egg white,veggie sandwiches
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Eggs can be cooked up in so many ways. A quick idea is to use your muffin tin. In each cup, put one egg mixed (as if to omelette) with cheese, sauteed onion, peppers, tomato,....pretty much anything you can think of. Bake it up until just firm. Freeze in two's in sandwich bags. For a quick breakfast, pull out a bag, warm up briefly in microwave and have a piece of whole grain toast and fruit.

this is a great idea - I am stealing it <yoink> :laugh:
  • tiffd1000
    Options
    I like to make my breakfasts ahead of time :) Breakfast burritos(can be frozen ) make super quick and easy grab breakfasts. I eat eggs every day for breakfast for the most part .. and it is really satisfying for me. I have made scrambled eggs and put them in individual portions. You can dedicate less than an hour to making these on a Sunday afternoon :)
  • Aldino557
    Options
    I found something good the other day. It's called Freekeh. It was easy to make.
    Place the grain in a fine collander and wash it first.
    Then I used a rice cooker.
    I used one can of french onion soup (low sodium).
    The can went into the rice cooker.
    Then one cup op washed freekeh went into the rice cooker.
    Pressed "cook" and went about my business.
    About 30 minutes later, it was done.
    Later I made the recipe with a can of chopped tomatoes with cilantro and green chile.
    That may be too spicy for most people, but chiles and jalapenos in the breakfast are normal where I live.
    It looks a bit like brown rice but does not take as long to cook.
    It tastes real good, a nice texture and more like the bulgur wheat used in tabouli.
    There are lots of recipes for this grain and it has a low glycemic index.
    It was a nice break from oatmeal, or grits, or cream of wheat.
    You can also cook this grain with milk, raisins etc. as you would with oatmeal.
    Here is a link:
    http://www.yumsugar.com/Cooking-Freekeh-18795120