Insanity Challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• kristiealexander76
    Options
    Hi guys! I finished my first round of insanity four weeks ago and planned on starting last week but ended up with a nasty cold So, this week will be my week one. I will be one week behind you guys but it will be good to have a support group. Good luck to you all - Now lets get insane! -

PS
    I really wanted to suggest that everyone really take the before and after pics - I refused to do it because I just didn't want to see that before image - but now I really regret it. It would give me a big boost to be able to look at that picture and know that all the hard work paid off. Besides if you don't take the photo - you cant get your I earned it shirt; and believe me if you really did earn the shirt but cant get one because of a technicality then you will be pissed.
  • JediSwan
    JediSwan Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    If you are starting over, take new pictures anyway. Can't hurt! :) And heck, take pictures now anyway and then at the end and I bet you will still see a difference.

And again, anyone can add me and join my group. I am psyched that so many are on board with this. I am doing my happy dance. Well as much as I can without my back screamin at me. :)
  • I'm pretty excited to start Insanity this upcoming week. Driving to the gym on the Army post is a PITA right now since my husband is using my car til his registration goes through.

Anyone have any tips? Is there a Isanity specific group on here?
    Also, is Shakeology all it's made out to be, especially with the price tag?
  • JediSwan
    Options
    How is everyone doing with their Insanity workouts?

I hope to resume in the morning. Back is feeling much better. :)
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I did Day 2 and it kicked my butt! It's INSANE!
  • mnbramos
    mnbramos Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am in my "recovery week" right now...and it is not recovery at all! Ha! I didn't finish Insanity the first time I tried it last year...but since I'm going into month 2 I am determined to finish. Glad I found some other people that are in this too. Although I haven't been following the meal plans...I know you can't outwork a bad diet, which is probably also why I haven't had as much improvement or dropped weight like I thought I would.

I'm taking some progress pics tomorrow since it's been 1 month, and then will take it again at the end. I'm anxious to see the difference! Good luck!!
  • angelmma
    angelmma Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm waiting on my insanity set and decided to have a go at the fit test on you tube. Dear god I love it, can't wait to get my set now. Might just keep doing the fit test till it arrives. Was wearing my HRM and I burned off 260 calories in 20 mins. Wanna lose 9kg so hoping this will help me :) xxx
  • SamanthaSpayer
    SamanthaSpayer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Started INSANITY today! The fit test was so challenging and kicked my butt! Burnt 369 calories from it 26% from fat! Looking forward to getting ripped!!! add me anyone who is doing INSANITY! I wanna gear about your progress!
  • christylynn622
    christylynn622 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I start day one today after work! I'll send you a friend request!
  • bealcoser
    Options
    I am starting INSANITY today. I am praying that it works out for me. I am 40 yrs old and I am tired. I have tried every thing in this world but nothing is working. INSANITY you BETTER work. Will keep you updated...NEED support.....
  • MsSparks
    Options
    Hi,

I also started INSANITY on the 17th! It would be awesome to have some people to share the frustration and motivation with!

I've been finding really hard to keep the pace with Shaun, even during the warm up. Sometimes I pause the video, catch my breath for about 15 seconds and then go on. At other times I just take a break without pausing the video.

Also, I have such a hard time with the exercises that involve jumping... :( I feel like I don't have the motor coordination to do all the moves at one and always miss out on something. :/

Anyone else having a hard time too?
  • 10071988aj
    Options
    Two of my friends and i are doing the work out on our lunch break here at work and so far were doing pretty good only we werent intaking enough calories thats why we joined myfitness pal to monitor it. So for some advice make sure you eat enough or you wont see any results, esspecially if you are burnin close to 1000 calries per work out.
  • daisyshan09
    Options
    Dont get discouraged. I am almost done the program, One week left, and when I first started I also had trouble keeping up. After sticking with it I now find that I sometimes can move even faster than they do in the video. It just takes time and commitment but you will get there.
  • kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am on w3d1 of the Insanity/p90x hybrid. Love it. It is the best of both worlds. I would like to join you.
  • JediSwan
    Options
    Also, I have such a hard time with the exercises that involve jumping... :( I feel like I don't have the motor coordination to do all the moves at one and always miss out on something. :/

Anyone else having a hard time too?

I have the feeling that if anyone were to watch me while trying to do the jumping . . . they would think I had issues. I cannot jump high to save my life. And I almost fall when I do. Its probably pretty funny to watch. :) But yes, I was having issues with that also. We will get better and get past it.

And again, anyone can add me and join my group: P90X and Insanity. And please post. I will help where I can and I have found a great group of people that are very helpful that have joined my group.
  • IndependentMe
    IndependentMe Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started Insanity today, wtih the fit test. I am not feeling very fit after that! I JUST turned 46, and after losing 40 lbs gained back 18, so I am determined to take those back off and then some with this program and also hope to follow the nutrition guide. I did the math and apparently can take in 1900 calories and lose weight? I think I will do a week of 1500 total per day, with the exercise, and see how it goes and will adjust as necessary. Friend me if you wish!
  • tracyjoys
    tracyjoys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just started Insanity yesterday with the fit test. Today was Plyo & Core Cardio - I love this type of workout, and this one totally kicked my butt! Looking forward to seeing the progress through the next 60 days.

Oh yeah, I'm 46 am looking forward to awesome results!
  • holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Insanity!!!!

I am on week three of Month one. This is my second round....I fell off in the middle of month two several weeks ago due to some personal trouble, I really like to follow the calendar, so I only stopped about 3 days, decided to start over, but I am back and better than ever!!! I do the workouts at about 4:30 am (talk about starting the day right!!) This morning was the Cardio Plyo Circuit. Probably my fav. of the Insanity workouts..... Great for cardio AND the last circuit is a CRAZY level 2 drill/ ski ab/ in and out drill- arm KILLER!! I collapse after it. I love it!! So stoked to start the crazy *kitten* month two!! Anyone who has thought about this workout I say DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JediSwan
    Options
    Due to my back (still fricken hurts), and child issues my new start date is Monday, October 1. Sometimes life just gets in the way. Maybe it saved me from a rolled ankle or something worse.