Milk counts as water, right?

Options

Replies

• becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    hmmm if i dip a cookie into the milk its still counts as water right??????

i think so. if you drink your hot chocolate through a timtam and then eat the melted biscuit, it counts towards your water..

oh god i want a timtam so badly now!!!

ahhh timtams!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    WTF is a timtam?
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    WTF is a timtam?

640px-Packet_of_Original_Tim_Tams.JPG

These crack-laced chocolate cookies they sell in Australia. Once in a blue moon I'll see them in the US. delicious.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Milk is mainly water - so yes it counts towards your fluid intake for the day.
  • Brunner26_2
    Options
    Eh I would consider it half water half non water. It's a liquid, yes. But not all of it is water. How much milk do you drink a day?

I actually think it should count as a full cup of water. 1 cup of water is 240ml, which weight 240g. 1 cup of skim milk has 12g sugar and 8 g protein. If you ignore the mass of micronutrients, you still have 220 g of water!
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    TIM TAMS ARE MANNA FROM HEAVEN. Lol, sorry for the caps, but I haven't noshed on one of these babies since I moved back home from New Zealand. I would happily gorge myself on a whole back with my afternoon tea right this second....
    WTF is a timtam?

These crack-laced chocolate cookies they sell in Australia. Once in a blue moon I'll see them in the US. delicious.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Is there some sort of water police nobody told me about that checks your diary for what "counts" and what doesn't??? If you're trying to stay hydrated, of course milk helps. If you're arbitrarily trying to reach 8 glasses of water a day and please the water police, I don't know what to tell you.
  • vintagesquirrel
    Options
    So if I eat a whole package of tim-tams with my tea.... the water police won't count the calories, right? Just the tea bit? :D
  • Jynus
    Jynus Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    The point of this thread confuses me. yes milk hydrates you. Anything with water hydrates you including things like fruit. tho the level of hydration depends on a variety of factors. Do people not understand this?

And drinking that much milk is actually standard practice for people trying to gain weight. Easy simple non filling calories. 2L a day does the body good.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes. 95% water. 3.5 biggies count as a cup of water. See my log.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    The point of this thread confuses me. yes milk hydrates you. Anything with water hydrates you including things like fruit. tho the level of hydration depends on a variety of factors. Do people not understand this?

And drinking that much milk is actually standard practice for people trying to gain weight. Easy simple non filling calories. 2L a day does the body good.

The point of this thread was that it was a joke.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I would consider skim milk half water....:laugh: (I am not actually sure though, skim milk is just way to clear and watery looking for me personally).
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    WTF is a timtam?

thx i have learned today:smokin:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Please tell me that this is just a parody of the "counting condensed soup as water" thread... UGH!

Ding ding ding ding ding! Winner!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Olliesmolly earns +2200 troll points for starting troll thread
    Olliesmolly loses -1800 troll points for giving it up too early in the thread.

Olliemolly +400 and achieves Level 3 Trolldom
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Eh I would consider it half water half non water. It's a liquid, yes. But not all of it is water. How much milk do you drink a day?

Milk is AT LEAST 85% water. Fat content will alter the total water count.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Milk is mainly water - so yes it counts towards your fluid intake for the day.

my thought exactly.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Beer counts as water too. Since the most abundant ingredient in beer is water.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Please tell me that this is just a parody of the "counting condensed soup as water" thread... UGH!

Ding ding ding ding ding! Winner!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Olliesmolly earns +2200 troll points for starting troll thread
    Olliesmolly loses -1800 troll points for giving it up too early in the thread.

Olliemolly +400 and achieves Level 3 Trolldom

But her trolling annoyed and confused people even after she revealed it was a joke. So even though the log doesn't add in troll points for that can she still count those towards her daily troll total and get more trolldom for it?
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    milk grosses me out. yes i eat meat and all but drinking an animals milk just kind of creeps me out.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    WTF is a timtam?

Hot Damn those look good enough to ALMOST lick my monitor! Find me a copy cat recipe and I'll make them!!