2»

Replies

• Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Devild0ll
    Options
    I lost 40 last winter, and then took the summer off. I was strict about maintaining my weight, and have just started back (a couple of weeks ago). I'm well on track again (4 lbs already), and am very happy with how it worked out. It's important to learn to maintain your weight as well, so I used that as an excuse to relax for a while. If you need a break, take it! Just make sure you stay with your good habits, and you'll get back to it when you're ready.
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I haven't lost motivation, but I definitely don't get bummed out if I go a week without a loss, like I used to. I don't feel the sense of urgency anymore, however long it takes, it takes! I like it though!
  • missxjuicy
    missxjuicy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Going through the same right now. I do feel better and not as fat lol. I dont have a long way to go but, Im having a hard time getting there. Need some serioussss motivation.
  • MichaelFunaro
    MichaelFunaro Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    i have found from past experience when I have lost large amounts of weight I became complacent. Then I slowly slipped back into old habits and before I knew it I had gained back the weight. My word of advice is work harder now. Sometimes people stop doing what worked when they either got to maintenance or to a weight they were happy with. That's really when you need to motivate yourself even more to continue with your success. I've learned from that mistake, won't get lazy or over confident this time.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I don't have that problem yet since I haven't lost a significant amount of weight yet, however I can see that being an issue for me in the future.

I think what would work for me is if I reset my ticker. Starting with my current, new weight and have that be my new starting point.

So for example, that 60 pounds you lost (which is AMAZING by the way!!) is the old you. In the past. You'll always know how much weight you lost total, but now focus on what's left. It's a much smaller amount to lose. You already know you can do it. You just have to do it, just like when you initially decided to lose weight.

For me, the ticker thing would help. It wouldn't give me the excuse of "well i've already lost X amount of pounds....so I can slack." It would show me, everyday when I log on, how much more I need to push myself to reach my ultimate goal.

Just a thought.
    Best of luck.