last few kilos wont budge

Options
Hi everyone i was just wanting some advice, im only wanting to lose 3.5kgs, im 53.5 and would like to get back down to 50kg. i have just started going to the gym 5 days per week and eating 1200 calories a day but nothing seems to be hapening. i know it may take a while since i dont have much to lose. so anyone who has been in the same boat as me and got rid of the last few pesky kilos succesfully. please only helpfull advice, thanks heaps in advance :)

Replies

• yvonneW1964
    yvonneW1964 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    bump
  • snowfox1
    snowfox1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    just to add i have done a lot of diff diets in the past often eating around 1000 cals a day and i am stopping this and want to be healthy and toned! so wondering if this could be a metabolism fixing period?
  • countmein88
    Options
    if you're looking to loose the last few kilos i think it's best if you had a smaller deficit. What i'm doing at the moment is keeping roughly a 300kcal deficit and cardio at a minimum. I find that intermittent fasting has really been helpful in keeping me to my calorie goals.

Considering your hitting the gym 5x a week I would increase my calories and just ride it out...the last few always takes the longest
  • snowfox1
    snowfox1 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    if you're looking to loose the last few kilos i think it's best if you had a smaller deficit. What i'm doing at the moment is keeping roughly a 300kcal deficit and cardio at a minimum. I find that intermittent fasting has really been helpful in keeping me to my calorie goals.

Considering your hitting the gym 5x a week I would increase my calories and just ride it out...the last few always takes the longest

Thanks so much for your input :) i always worry that since im not that big i need to eat less than 1200 to lose but im not going to do that! will just keep at my exercise, weights and good food :)