What's your favorite, easy meal?

Options
2»

Replies

• pixish
    pixish Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love putting things in the crockpot...you do it in the morning and doesn't take that long to do and it's done by the time you get home and you just have to serve it!

yep, I agree :) Plus, you can make super easy soups this way which would be low calorie & filling (tomato or vegetable based, not so much creamy ones) Good for go-to snacks that you can keep in the freezer :)

Chilli is probably one of my go-to recipes, and I make that in the slowcooker too, though beef & broccoli stirfry is becoming one of my new favourites :) We have spaghetti a lot, and if I have cabbage in the fridge, I'll have that with the meat sauce rather than pasta and it's heaps lower in calories :D
  • UmmZinnira
    UmmZinnira Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Black beans, ground turkey, and a little salsa served on tortilla's. Everyone in the house loves it, and you can add fresh tomatoes, lettuce and whatever else you like. It's very filling too.
  • princessdartany
    princessdartany Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Saute chicken cutlet along with mushrooms and onions in olive oil....when done add a splash of white wine.
  • HealthFreak1967
    HealthFreak1967 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    different variations of oatmeal- pumpkin, apple cinnamon, coconut, chocolate chip, peanut butter, peaches n cream, berry.

and creamy chocolate quinoa flakes with fruit for dipping

and massive salads just 4 or 5 different veggies chopped up and 3 different leafy greens mixed with 2-4 tbsp avocado and dressing.

or for a spread- low sodium canned garbanzo chickpeas mashed with avocado and whatever veggies you prefer. Can be used in pitas, sandwich bread, tortillas, nori wraps. goes good with sprouts and cucumber too.

also and type of beans with quinoa and veggies.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Teriyaki chicken with bean sprouts

Thin slice a still-partially-frozen chicken breast
    Sautee in a pan using non-stick cooking spray (or coconut oil if you have the calories) until cooked
    Add 1/4 cup Golden Dragon thick Teriyaki Sauce (80 calories)
    Sautee some bean sprouts (2-300g) in a pan with a tsp soy sauce for 2-3 minutes; add other veggies if you'd like
    Put bean sprouts on a plate and put teriyaki chicken over top

You can get a full plate of food for about 350-400 calories and it's mostly protein.
  • peachykeek
    Options
    bump
  • mariaeaston
    mariaeaston Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is always the hardest for me so I'll give you my favorite and very filling recipe. Toast a whole wheat English Muffin. Top it with a big slice of Tomato, 1 chopped up boiled egg and a thin slice of real Mozza (or a babybel). Put it under the Broiler for a minute and add some pepper. It works out to 268 cal. I'm also thinking about substituting the tomato for a slice of avacado to change it up.