what weight do you use?

Options
So I get that weigh fluctuates a few pounds during the day.

I weighed myself in the morning and at night yesterday, just to see how much it was for me. I fluctuated by 2 pounds.

I normally use my morning weight only for my log. But, with that being said should I take an average of the 2 weights and use that?

What weight should I use to record my progress? My morning weight? My night weight? An average of the 2?

Replies

• uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    So I get that weigh fluctuates a few pounds during the day.

I weighed myself in the morning and at night yesterday, just to see how much it was for me. I fluctuated by 2 pounds.

I normally use my morning weight only for my log. But, with that being said should I take an average of the 2 weights and use that?

What weight should I use to record my progress? My morning weight? My night weight? An average of the 2?
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I personally use my morning weight, after voiding.

One diet I read about once suggested that if your weight fluctuates from day to day, you should weighevery morning of the week, after voiding, at the end of the weight take the average of the 7 weights.

:flowerforyou:
  • tiliquinones
    Options
    I use my morning weight !
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Use only your morning weight because your night time weight will be heavier due to consumption of food and fluids throughout the day. I can weight at night and estimate what my weight will be the next morning now because I know that I will weight about 2-3 pounds left AFTER I wake up, use the rest room, etc. But don't use your night time weight!
  • fluffyewe
    fluffyewe Posts: 2
    Options
    :happy: I agree......morning, after voiding, and nude. Every little bit helps. I just joined and looking forward to getting the weight off.
  • ladylaycee
    ladylaycee Posts: 114
    Options
    Use the morning weight and weigh yourself when your nude so can get you accurate weight!

26920.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I use whatever is lightest then subtract 5 pounds for good measure. :laugh:

My reality is nice. :bigsmile:
  • foxfire9372
    foxfire9372 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use whatever is lightest then subtract 5 pounds for good measure. :laugh:

My reality is nice. :bigsmile:
    I like your reality. Can I join you in your world! I want the weight I get if I put one foot on the scale and the other on the floor. I really like that number!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    LOL--I get on the scale and try to imagine myself floating above it, just hovering in air. I think it makes me weigh less! Haven't actually flown yet though :laugh: