How much weight do you put on when you do squats?

Options

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I can squat 225 pounds. I usually work between 185 and 200 for 3 sets of 8. My legs don't look chunky by any means.
  • prettyvera
    prettyvera Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I can squat 225 pounds. I usually work between 185 and 200 for 3 sets of 8. My legs don't look chunky by any means.

Great job! That releases my stress.: )
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    my question is ADDING WEIGHT TO SQUATS?!!! what kind of sorcery is this? I can't do 5 with no weights.
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    And for weight, I usually put on 120kgs/265lbs for strength training or 100kg/220lbs for hypertrophy
    Squatting til you drop! And trust me, my legs are NOT bulky! =)

I cannot wait to be as strong as u!! I can only do 40lbs :( 3 sets 10 reps each.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I squat 90kgs/198lbs.

My legs ARE bulky, but it's from the fat that's on them, not the muscle.
  • sweetsungirl
    Options
    If you want to keep your metabolism up while doing 3 sets of 20 squats, do them while running on the treadmill.

I do treadmills for 60 mins every time I go to gym. But not sure how do you do squats on treadmills if that's what you meant?; )
    He's being sarcastic...

How &why.. excuse my dumbness... ⊙﹏⊙
    Tell me if you think you could do this while running on a treadmill...this is what all of us girls have been talking about...this is how we squat..
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/detail/view/name/barbell-squat
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    If you want to keep your metabolism up while doing 3 sets of 20 squats, do them while running on the treadmill.

I do treadmills for 60 mins every time I go to gym. But not sure how do you do squats on treadmills if that's what you meant?; )
    He's being sarcastic...

Tell me if you think you could do this while running on a treadmill...this is what all of us girls have been talking about...this is how we squat..

I think he may have meant doing them while you're on the stairmaster or elliptical.
  • prettyvera
    Options
    my question is ADDING WEIGHT TO SQUATS?!!! what kind of sorcery is this? I can't do 5 with no weights.

Start off squats without weight & gradually add a little weight: ) I did this process myself!
  • sweetsungirl
    Options

He's being sarcastic...

I think he may have meant doing them while you're on the stairmaster or elliptical.
    Yeah...riiiiiight....
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    And for weight, I usually put on 120kgs/265lbs for strength training or 100kg/220lbs for hypertrophy

I would fall on my a** if I did that! (Probably through the floor too)
    Edit: Ooops...forgot to add that I only squat with 25lb and didn't realize that I was supposed to be doing less reps! I was doing 20reps 3 sets (of course would give out at about the 15 mark the last set...ughhhhhhhhh)
    I'm so green at this...but I'm trying!
  • prettyvera
    Options

He's being sarcastic...

Tell me if you think you -could do this while running on a treadmill...this is what all of us girls have been talking about...this is how we squat..

Gee.... that Would be hard!!!
  • prettyvera
    Options

I would fall on my a** if I did that! (Probably through the floor too)

LOL..... that's vivid.~^O^~
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I can squat 225lbs
  • prettyvera
    Options

He's being sarcastic...

Yeah, that's what I do as the website says.... always got sore back afterwards tho: (
  • prettyvera
    Options

He's being sarcastic...

Yeah, that's what I do as the website says.... always got sore back afterwards tho: (

Actually, right now, I'm typing this post with sore back....: (
  • andeey
    andeey Posts: 709 Member
    Options

:heart:
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

Good God woman. You are a beast! Love it! I'm only squatting about 120 and that's on the Smith rack. :( I want to start in the regular squat rack but I lift alone and it makes me nervous. Lol.
  • sugaknight
    Options
    Please request me ya trying to have a large my fitness pal fam for support, advise
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

Good God woman. You are a beast! Love it! I'm only squatting about 120 and that's on the Smith rack. :( I want to start in the regular squat rack but I lift alone and it makes me nervous. Lol.

If you have a squat rack squatting in the rack is much better for you than squatting using the smiths machine.
  • amclaws25
    amclaws25 Posts: 128 Member
    Options

If you have a squat rack squatting in the rack is much better for you than squatting using the smiths machine.

I know. much better range of motion and much less risk of injury. Gotta get out of my comfort zone and do it. They have safety bars. I'll be fine! Lol. (I hope!) Haha! ;)
This discussion has been closed.