Day 178 ... 42lb and 88 inches GONE!

Options
Day 178.

To bring you up to speed, for those of you who haven't read my blog postings. I started my journey on MFP 31st of March this year. I injured my knee pretty badly, and could not walk without excrutiating agony and crutches. My weight back then was 238.8lb, I HAD to get weight off that knee. I had started to get in the pool, to try to exercise without weight on the knee, but the only way I could swim, was with one leg. Not great, but at least I was exercising. My doctor arranged for me to have physio, and my physio was wonderful. I claim it was her, she claims it was me doing as I was told, and continuring the work at home, but WE managed to get me walking without crutches by January. So... what next. I started to do a few more steps each day, even though walking was still very painful, walking around the supermarket was exhausting, and I would have to ice my knee.

I started swimming more, and walking more...most of my walking was with Wii Walk it Out, as I did not want to go out walking on my own, stumble and fall, and have an even more serious injury. Walk it Out is actually pretty good for days when you have bad weather too. Before I knew it, I was increasing my steps, and walking a mile or two a day. My distance continued to increase, not only due to Walk it Out, but I bought a Fitbit...I LOVED it..it really does get you moving. A few months ago .. I lost it, whilst walking in a store. I miss my Fitbit. I decided not to replace it. I was driving home one day, and saw a girl running on the oddest things I had ever seen. I decided to do some research, and found out they were Kangoo Jumps. I read and read, and researched, and they sounded like just the things I needed to help keep the strain and impact off my knees.
I ordered them. They are like having mini trampolines on your feet. Jumping around like a Tigger.

389002_416862621686406_1473200148_n.jpg

So, where am I today?
I have a love hate relationship with my bathroom scale... I love it, because it is accurate... no matter how many times you step on and step off.. it gives you the same figure. So, despite it not giving the full picture, it is at least consistent with the lies it tells. ;) As we all know, the bathroom scale does not paint the whole picture.

At the beginning of my journey.. I measured myself.. and was horrified at the measurements... I am still horrified at my measurements.. BUT, here is what I have lost

I am 5' 2"
I have l lost 43lb

Around ribs 4.5"
Calves 8"
Bust 14" (and very happy about it)
Neck 4"
Forearms 4"
Waist 12.5"
Hips 15"
Thighs 18"
Upper arms 8"

A grand total of 88 inches in 178 days.
18.1% body fat... GONE
BMI down 7.7 points
17.67% body weight GONE

Gone from a US size 22/24 to a US 12 jeans. Size 10 shouldn't be too far away. I HOPE!

I log every morsel of food and drink. I am under my calorie goal each day, watch my sodium, and drink at least 8 glasses of water. I don't eat red meat, don't drink soda or coffee.

I usually jog/run (in my KJs) for 30 minutes running 5+ miles in my 30 minutes. Not fantastic, but not bad for someone who couldn't walk 6 months ago and is in pain when they walk.

I was told to stop the cardio for a week or so and up my calorie intake...I started doing strengthening exercises, upped my calories, and HEY PRESTO, I have started to lose weight again. I have started to run again, but do 5k three times a week. I use my Aeropilates machine, and do strengthening exercises.

I still have a LONNNNNG way to go, and I am frustrated, but not giving up.
I am by no means, the picture of perfect nutrition, and could still make many changes, I am sure.

IF you are just starting your journey...

1. measure yourself as soon as you can.
2. log everything you eat
3. there is NO such thing as a "cheat day". Cheating is a shortcut to a goal... you are NOT "cheating", you will not get to your goal quicker.. you are lapsing. I do not have a lapse day.
4. Don't just go for hundreds of MFP friends.. quality over quantity... support each other. Don't expect support and not give it.
5. Remember.. despite how accurate your bathroom scales are.. THEY LIE!
6. Use measuring cups and kitchen scales. Your idea of a serving, is probably more than it should be.
7. Keep active!
8. Do DRINK THE WATER!
9. Make small changes at first...and add more. They will become habits. Believe me.
10. Remember... you have choices. How badly do you WANT it? NO EXCUSES!

compare.jpg
tshirts.jpg
10sep20.jpg

The bottom photograph is me this week.

I wish you all, the very best on your journey to a healthier happier you!

Replies

• MaybeAMonkey
    Options
    Yay!!! I'm so proud of you, Kat!! I *love* this most recent photo of you!
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thank you, friend. I couldn't have done it without you and my other MFP buddies. BIG HUGS to all of you
  • amybuggie
    amybuggie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What type of scale do you have? I have a weight watchers one but it gives me different weights every single time i step on it...
  • Katanthus
    Options

What type of scale do you have? I have a weight watchers one but it gives me different weights every single time i step on it...

I have an EatSmart™ Precision Digital Bathroom Scale It guarantees 100% accurate. It reads the same no matter where on the floor it is, or how many times I step on it.
  • fit_librarian
    fit_librarian Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You look INCREDIBLE! Keep up the good work!
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    You look awesome. Look, it doesn't matter how fast you lose, it's just that you lose. Keep at it and work hard. Keep it off for a year and you'll be all set. It's a journey and you are doing great!
  • clicker_70
    Options
    You have done an amazing job!
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Congrats that is so amazing!
    Just to help you hit it home:
    There are 7.333 feet in 88 inches.

7.3 FEET darling, awesome!
    Although those shoes...would totally put me in the hospital. LOL
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic effort. You look great! Congratulations :)
  • JaneMills0
    JaneMills0 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are looking great.
  • ssteele09
    Options
    Wow! You look AMAZING. How motivating you are. Keep up the fantastic work!
  • rmojo13
    rmojo13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story with us. Lots of good info in there that we can all use (I know I can for sure). Congrats on your success and stay strong!
  • Katanthus
    Options
    Congrats that is so amazing!
    Just to help you hit it home:
    There are 7.333 feet in 88 inches.

7.3 FEET darling, awesome!
    Although those shoes...would totally put me in the hospital. LOL

Good grief! I never thought of how many feet it was. That is a real eye opener. :huh:
  • Katanthus
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story with us. Lots of good info in there that we can all use (I know I can for sure). Congrats on your success and stay strong!

Thank you. I wish you all the very best on your journey.
  • Paris1019
    Paris1019 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Congrats !!!:smile:
  • brendacooks
    brendacooks Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I loved reading your post. It's so inspiring! You did (and are doing) what needs to be done so you can have the life you want! That is just so darn awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing. :)
    11672710.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Katanthus
    Options
    I loved reading your post. It's so inspiring! You did (and are doing) what needs to be done so you can have the life you want! That is just so darn awesome!!!! Thanks for sharing. :)

Thank you. You are doing really well yourself. I wish you success on your journey.
  • Katanthus
    Options
    FaithlessJuliet, JaneMills0, Ahavoc, and MaybeaMonkey, you ladies have kept me from losing what is left of my mind. You are real STARS!! Thank you for all your help and support.

Hugs
    Kat
  • Goatgirl8
    Goatgirl8 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this with me. You have had amazing success. See, all this success stories are so encouraging. Keep up the good work and please keep us posted!
  • Katanthus
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this with me. You have had amazing success. See, all this success stories are so encouraging. Keep up the good work and please keep us posted!

Thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!