need tilapia receipes

Options
munozrd
munozrd Posts: 62 Member
I am lost with fish. Any good, healthy tilapia receipes?

Replies

• nicolemarie045
    nicolemarie045 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has some cilantro lime fish tacos with tilapia that are AMAZING!
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I just bake my tilapia.. Some celery salt, lots of granulated garlic, some parsley flakes, and butter on top (it'll melt, I just put a couple little slices). Bake 17 minutes at 350. It tastes awesome. I usually make some rice and vegetables for sides.
  • jlohcook
    jlohcook Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    For fish, pretty easy. You may bake, pan fry and of course bake is healthier as you can use less oil.

To season,

Simple - salt and pepper, add dill and lime/lemon.
    Spicy - salt, pepper, paprika and or cayenne pepper.
    Curry flavor - salt, pepper, cumin or curry powder

Add other herbs - parsley, oregano if you like.

Bake 20 mins, 180 Celsius. If you like, top off with salsa sauce, tartare. All these are applicable to all types of fish.

Pan fry - little oil in pan, not too high heat. Add salt and pepper. To ensure it doesn't disintegrate, you may add a little cornflour onto the fish. Probably 3-5 mins on each side depending on thickness.
  • munozrd
    munozrd Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    these are helpful. Thanks.
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm just warming up to the idea of fish, so whenever I get Tilapia I bake it in a foil packet with a few slices of lemon and a dollop of herbed butter (softened butter mixed with dried italian seasoning, and fresh oregano and basil).

The fish is so flavorful and so moist. Also? Minimal clean up! Win win in my book.
  • smlee73
    Options
    I 've done talapia on the grill.. veggies packets (onions,red peppers & carrots with a little butter/lemon)put the fish on top & the grill at med.. for about 10-12 min..

the other one that our family like is: 4-6 talapia fillets
    2 tblsp of oil with 2 tblsp of dijon mustard.. put a palm ful of italian seasonings & mix.
    parmesean cheese (about 3/4 of a cup -- maybe a little bit more)

Lay fish on parchment, wipe fish with the oil & dijon mustard mix (with spatula or knife)
    then layer the parmesean cheese on top.. bake at 450 for about 10-12 min (or till the cheese is golden brown.. Low carb too.. :)
  • magzbutler
    Options
    One of my favorite tilapia recipes I have is so easy and delish!
    balsamis vinegar about 3 tbs
    1 tbs honey
    1 tbs chilli powder
    stir till well blended pour over fish and bake in oven till sauce is reduced to a sweet/salty sticky deliciousness! :drinker: