I have tons of Chicken Breasts!!!

Options

Replies

• julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Another crock pot recipe coming your way!

3-4 chicken breasts.
    1 cup hotsauce
    1 packet dry ranch mix.

Put all in the crock pot on low for 6 hours. I usually do it overnight so I have it for lunch. Hand shred the chicken. Great with rice or in a tortilla. I really like using Special K chips (salt flavor), put the chicken on top. Since you use the Special K chips you can even add some onions and cheese and pretend it's nachos!

Edit: I'm not sure who posted this, I found this recipe here on MFP.

MEEEE TOO! I loveloveLOVE this recipe, I found it here on MFP last week and have made it twice since then, and the Frank's Wing Sauce mixed w/ lo-cal ranch dressing out of the bottle makes a yum dip
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is great for finding recipes. Also, eatingwell.com and skinnytaste. :)

Totally agree pinterest is the best!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I just cook them in strips marinated in lime, lemon, garlic and pepper. Sooo good!
    That with brown rice and veggies.. omnomnom
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Cut the chicken into bite size pieces. Saute in a little olive oil with chopped onion, garlic, peppers (red, green, yellow, what ever kind you like). Add your favorite spices, then add balsamic vinegar. This is great over rice or just to eat like it is. My whole family loves this, even the grandkids.

This is what I would do, mmmm.
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump ... i love trying new ways to fix chicken!
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    *Spinach and Feta stuffed chicken breasts (I love serving it with mashed cauliflower. Heavenly)
    *Pan fry some chicken cutlets with a little olive oil and then simmer with a splash of white wine, juice from a lemon, and add a few capers and serve over whole wheat pasta.
    *Stir frys with a bag of frozen stir fry veggies. I like the one with lots of snap peas. And as mentioned before, seseme oil is key! Turns an alright food into the bomb diggity. I serve that over barley, because I'm not a fan of brown rice.
    *Panko coated nuggets that are baked into crispy morsels of deliciousness
    *Pan sear chicken with some canned tomatoes and diced onions, and then cover and bake. It makes the chicken amazingly juicy and it's fantastic poured over pasta.

You can do endless things with chicken and not eat the same things twice in a long time.
  • MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!
  • jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of any good recipes that i can use this chicken breasts with i have a ton!!!!! And im new to this journey and i want to make sure im using it as a healthy food item! Thanks in advance

There a ton of websites with great recipes... and even if they say to use a whole chicken or chicken thighs, I have used chicken breasts. I like chicken breast meat the best and it is better for me!

Another suggestion is to join Pinterest. I find a ton of recipes on Pinterest. Follow others with healthy recipe boards and also you can follow "Skinnytaste" and other great websites on there.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Make a pocket (unless you have really thin breasts) and spread Laughing Cow 35 calorie cheese wedge inside then tuck in some chopped broccoli (or any veggies your choice) and bake. Yumm-o! :)
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    bump
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Not at helpful, but if you take the word "chicken" out of the title, it makes me giggle like a 10 year old boy. As I said, not at ALL helpful.

Sounds like you've got some great recipes here though_- I second the chicken/salsa/ crockpot thing! I just use chicken and an jar of salsa in mine, shred the chicken when it's done ( after about 6 hours on low) and then use it in soft shell tacos with all your fav fixin's. Yummy! Even my 7 and 3 year olds gobbled it up!
  • candctaber
    Options
    bump
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    bump for later...super great ideas posted so far
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Asian Spiced Chicken and Beans (7 weight watcher points)

1/2 Cup dry packaged Navy Beans or 1(15 ounces) can Navy Beans, rinsed and drained.

1/2 Cup dry packaged Red Beans or 1(15 ounce) can Red beans, rinsed and drained.

1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch cubes.

3 large carrots, diagonally sliced

2 to 3 teaspoons minced garlic, to taste

2 to 3 teaspoons minced ginger root or 1 to 2 teaspoons ground ginger, to taste

1 (14 1/2 ounces) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth

2 Tablespoons cornstarch

1/2 Teaspoon crushed red pepper

2 to 3 Tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce

4 Cups cooked rice

Sliced green onions and tops, for garnish

Chopped peanuts for garnish

If using dry beans, in a large saucepan, place dry beans and cover with 2 inches water; heat to boiling; let boil, uncovered for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and set aside for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. Drain soaking water and rinse beans. Place soaked OR canned beans, chicken, carrots, garlic, ginger and 1 1/4 cups of the chicken broth in slow cooker; stir well. Cover and cook on low until beans are tender about 5 1/2 to 6 hours.

Turn slow cooker to high. Combine cornstarch with remaining 1/2 cup broth and stir into mixture in cooker; stir in crushed red pepper. Cover and cook until thickened, about 30 minutes. Stir in soy sauce. Serve over rice; sprinkle with green onions and peanuts.

Makes 6 servings, about 1 1/2 cups each.

Per serving: WW Points: 7 Calories: 375 Fat: 3g Fiber: 10g Carbs: 56g Sodium: 285mg Protein: 30g Chol: 46mg
  • PearonaPair
    Options
    Bump for new recipes :happy:
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Bump Thanks they all sound yum!
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I like to dice it and cook it with a lil bit of taco seasoning and onions, and then put on a low calorie wrap with some low fat cheese, salsa, avocado, and any other fixings I may have for a wrap.

Another thing I do is put chicken in pot with some water and cook until chicken is fork tender, drain off fat. Then chop chicken up and add back to broth, add some rice, veggies and seasoning and cook to make a delicious chicken and rice soup.
  • IntoTheSky
    IntoTheSky Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I cook about 8 chicken breasts a month in the crock pot all day while I am at work one day with some celery, pepper, leeks, onion and garlic (with some low sodium chicken broth), come home and shred it all, put it in ziplock baggies with some of the liquid and freeze it. That makes about 6-7 meals worth for a family of 4. I use it to make chicken pot pie, chicken tacos, chicken enchiladas, chicken sloppy joes, chicken salad etc...... Just grab a bag out of the freezer and my dinner is half cooked already.
  • jessicamiller8884
    Options
    Bump for later.... just be careful watch your boneless skinless chicken breasts, as I know some have rib meat added etc and get up around 170-200 calories per 4 oz, while it should be more in the 100-110 range. So double check nutrition info as not all boneless skinless chicken breasts are created equal and you may think you're making a good choice when it actually has quite a few calories! :)
  • DERBS21
    DERBS21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If you have a crock pot, salsa chicken is yummy and so easy to make. I put 2 or 3 boneless chicken breasts in the crock(it actually makes a ton so unless you're feeding a crowd you won't need more than that) along with salsa, black beans, sometimes canned corn. I season the chicken with salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin first, then add everything else on top. Cook on low for no more than 6 hours. Eat it in tortillas, over rice, or just in a bowl. I like to garnish with a little lite sour cream and reduced fat shredded cheddar.

That sounds wonderful!