Options
    I'm not worried. In Canada, we feed our pigs dead hookers. :wink:
    [/quote
    You aren't funny
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon will skyrocket in price

All turkey and chicken products will skyrocket in price becuase.....

They now have a public excuse.... "Because the shortage of corn...." omg com'on people

Cows eat corn too. Der....lol.

I'll stick to deer hunting I guess... no bacon, but it's corn fed too and just as yummy!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    meh...
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I thought all food was made of corn?
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    We eat turkey bacon here:)

How does your therapist keep you from pulling that trigger?
  • rhonniema
    Options
    *curls into fetal position, rocks back and forth*

Nooo!
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    See...This is how it starts...first bacon...then pork chops and finally no ham!:sad: :sad: :sad:

That cat there is looking pretty fat. Can you make cat-bacon?
    Desperate times....

LOL...Looking over my shoulder....Time to panic!
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    See...This is how it starts...first bacon...then pork chops and finally no ham!:sad: :sad: :sad:

Desperate times....

I'd say, "run!" but well...
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Not around here... I've got pigs in my backyard :)) Bacon all winter long!

This.

Sucks to be all of you!

Exactly! mmmmm bacon....fresh bacon...
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I thought all food was made of corn?

It is.

#KingCorn
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options

Desperate times....

I'd say, "run!" but well...

But just how fast can a really fat cat run from a desperate, hungry human?...LOL... Seems the bacon shortage has just given this kitty another good reason to lose the weight and to keep it off.:laugh:
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    The End is Nigh: Britain’s National Pig Association Says ‘Unavoidable’ Global Bacon Shortage on Its Way

The impending global pork shortage first reported two weeks ago is now "unavoidable," according to a press release from Britain's National Pig Association.

Lack of rain across North America and Russia has wreaked havoc on crops — particularly corn and soybean, which is what pig farmers typically use to feed their livestock.

"New data shows the European Union pig herd is declining at a significant rate, and this is a trend that is being mirrored around the world," reads the trade group's statement. "Pig farmers have been plunged into loss by high pig-feed costs, caused by the global failure of maize and soya harvests."

The result: By the second half of 2013, the NPA estimates pig slaughter will be down "by as much as 10 percent," which in turn could lead to the doubling of pork prices across Europe.

The Chicago Tribune notes that American warehouses saw record-high pork supplies in August due to herd trimming by farmers looking to save money on pig feed.
    http://gawker.com/5946156/the-end-is-nigh-britains-national-pig-association-says-unavoidable-global-bacon-shortage-on-its-way

What will become of our breakfasts? :sad:

LOOKS LIKE IT'S EGG WHITES FOR EVERYONE

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: Why God WHY!
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Time to make tissue culture bacon. Or learn to like turkey bacon, soy bacon and even....... canadian bacon.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options
    Time to make tissue culture bacon. Or learn to like turkey bacon, soy bacon and even....... canadian bacon.

The only acceptable thing on that list is Canadian Bacon.... Lets hope those Northern Pigs have plenty to eat!
  • WhoTheHellIsBen
    WhoTheHellIsBen Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Worse case I'll carve up Honey Boo Boo and her whole bloated retarded family, bacon shortage remedied! I'm pretty sure the original name for that show was supposed to be 'Bloated Pigs doing Retarded Things', but they didn't want to alienate their audience
  • renamarie77
    renamarie77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    lmao one year without bacon and the entire world will lose 50 pounds. YAY!! :tongue:

29452814.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    no-hope-no-cash-no-jobs.jpg
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    lmao one year without bacon and the entire world will lose 50 pounds. YAY!! :tongue:

It isn't worth it!!!
  • sailorbacon
    sailorbacon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    if this happens, please understand that i will totally act like a zombie apocalypse has just broken. you will see me stockpiling on every piece of bacon for miles. and guns too, for that matter, for when the bacon deprived zombie horde comes for my considerable stash. and yes, i am not afraid to use melee weapons at the store. (OO)
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    I'm not worried. In Canada, we feed our pigs dead hookers. :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    That's too good!