Moms, how much did you gain during pregnancy?

Options

Replies

• ali_b83
    ali_b83 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    #1- about 35lbs
    #2- about 25lbs
    #3- 8lbs

I weighed more beginning with each, and ate healthier each time.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    About 7kg or 15lbs
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    30lbs and 33lbs for the two pregnancies.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    17 lbs with my first (he was 8.5lb), and 15 with my second. I started at 103lb with the first and at 105lb with my second and ended at 120 with both.
  • shaemcmahon
    Options
    17.5 kilos...
  • Noonoo757
    Noonoo757 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    well I surely didnt gain the recommended amount lol. I gained a whopping 70 pounds!!! Dont know what the heck I was thinking. My son is now two months old and I have dropped about 45 of it already. Alot of it was water weight so now i have about 25 that is going to require some hard work.
  • demelza123
    demelza123 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    1st - 58lbs
    2nd - 45lbs

5 weeks dfference with my 1st pregnancy and 2 nd .... fun times! ;-)
  • ezramedic
    Options
    I gained 6lbs with my first son.
    I'm 6 months pregnant with my 2nd son right now, and I've gained 3lbs.
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    1st pregnancy: 45 pounds (including baby)

2nd pregnancy: 60 pounds!!! (including an 11 pound baby and alot of water weight)

Lots of stretch marks and 2 saggy boobs!

I breastfed after both pregnancies and lost all the weight easily. However, both times the weight crept back on after stopping breastfeeding.

I currently weigh 25 pounds more than when I was 9 months pregnant with my 1st. No wonder my back hurts. Wah!!
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Just curious. I've read between 25 and 35 is recommended. But I want to know what actually happens. I'm not pregnant, nor trying to become pregnant. Just curious. :smile:

With both of my pregnancies I gained about 30 to 35 kg, that is 66 to 77 pounds.

With my first I nursed for 12 months and at the end of that I had dropped 5 kg (11 pounds) below my pre-pregnancy weight. With my second I only nursed for 7 months and I'm now working on getting the remainder of the pregnancy weight of. My son turned 1 last week :smile:
  • AliJelliBelli
    Options
    Tons. I didn't weigh myself once through either pregnancy. Carried a lot of water - should have seen my ankles - think they were wider than my head. When my youngest was 6 weeks I got weighed at my doctors and I was 192 lbs. I'd started at 154. Dread to think what i weighed with 9lbs of baby plus all that fluid still in there...

Breastfeeding my first I actually gained weight - could never make enough milk - only advice I got was to eat more - even sat there at 3 stone overweight they'd still keep telling me to eat more.

I love my boys. And I'm very glad my baby-making days are done. :tongue:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    1 - 15#
    2- 40#
    3- 30#
    4 - 25#
    5- 30#
    6 - 22#
    7 - 20#
    8 - 23#

I tip my hat to you - I'm overwhelmed with just 2, LOL!
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    27 pounds with my son (he was born at 38 weeks). Lost it all within 6 weeks plus some.... Then gained about 20 pounds back over 6 months from stress. So here I am :) When we found out we were expecting, I was already 20 pounds over where I needed to be so my goal is to lose at least 40 pounds.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I had to gain about 7-8 lbs to GET pregnant, and then I gained 53 more with the first baby. While vomiting all day every day for the entire 9 months. I was constantly dehydrated and anemic, nothing stayed down and still gained almost half my starting body weight! Was also retaining tons of water. Pretty much as soon as she was out I felt better and I dropped like 2 lbs a day for a couple of weeks. The second pregnancy wasn't quite so bad.
  • danifo0811
    danifo0811 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    dd1 (42weeks) 50 lbs lost by 7 months
    loss (13 weeks) 5 lbs + 5 more afterwards
    dd2 (33 weeks) 39 lbs lost by 1 year but still working on the weight from my loss.

With both daughters I was on no activity for 4 months. I was sick for all for the whole time. With dd1 I tracked and I averaged less than 1800 calories. I ate irratically because I felt so sick. This made me a believer in starvation mode. With dd2 I felt sick when I wasnt eating and I ate horrible. I know why I gained that!

6 weeks postpartum I had only lost the baby + 5 lbs both times. Both babies were less than 7 lbs! I breastfed a year with both. No change in weight loss or gain after stopping. I'm not eating as much (1600+exercise) but I'm not hungry all the time either(breastfeeding 2000 + exercise). If I follow the plan, I easily lose weight but I've been struggling with binging :(
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    It was between 30 and 35 with both of mine. It was a bit harder to lose with my second.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    56 1st time and 45 2nd time.
    Unfortunately I gave myself the "license to eat" anything the first time and ended up at 201 right before I delivered! :(
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I lost weight during my first trimester because I changed my eating habits so drastically (no more fast food, fried food, etc.), continued to work out (preganancy dvd's) up until my 3rd trimester, and stopped drinking (obviously). All in all, I ended up gaining around 21 lbs.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Okay, let me preface this by saying that I had severe medical issues.

I gained 80+lbs

I'm 5'10 and was roughly 160-165 going into pregnancy (with twins) and on DD, I was 245.
    However, in 1 week, I had lost 75lbs.
    Like I said, severe water retention due to medical issues.......

but still, 80+ lbs, ohhhhmilord. My mom said that I was unrecognizable.
  • shara99
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and I gained 40 with my first baby and 60 with my second. If I could go back and do it again, I would diet like crazy so I wouldn't have gained so much (got stretch marks horribly).