My name is Madison. This is my story.

Options
2»

Replies

• Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hey, Madison! You sound SO determined....that's GREAT. You have a couple advantages....no kids and a supportive husband. That means that you dont have to worry about getting the kids to eat what YOU eat or a partner that will try to sabotage you like many do. You own your own destiny...just take it and run with it! Good luck with your weight loss and I expect to be reading YOUR success story on this site in the not too distant future!
  • madisoneads
    Options
    I just want to thank EVERY single person who has taken the time to reply to my post. I hadn't really imagined getting the response that I did. It was emotional reading all of your words as well. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. It was something therapeutic for me to be completely open and honest on a public forum. I can say my thoughts and feelings to my husband and I have several times but there is just something about getting it out to an unbiased audience, like a therapist but much cheaper. For all of you who sent the friend requests, THANK YOU. I do not have this much of a support system on facebook, so to have it here is just wonderful. To check the internet and have more notifications here than on facebook was something amazing, and to have them be more meaningful than the ones on facebook. I can see myself spending more time on here, but not too much, I've got to get up and get moving! I look forward to seeing the journey of my new friends and we will all get through this together.

I knew that I had the support of my husband, he has fibro and is making the decision to get the weight off as well along side of me. So him being able to pick me up will be a great success for the both of us. He isn't as fit as he once was either and has reached his breaking point as well. Anyway, I knew I had support from him and from my mom and friends, but to have the support of so many people I do not yet know, it's so encouraging. It will help keep me accountable and honest. It will also be a great motivator when things get me down and I have little bumps in the road. I know they will be there, it will be up to me what to do with them. The old me would have let them get the best of me, not anymore. I will just hurdle right over them.

Thank you all, again from the bottom of my heart, Thank you all so much!
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Your super positive attitude is half the battle right there! I have this site to be incredibly motivating to me and the logging and planning has helped me to stay on track and accountable to myself. Sending you a FR now...cant wait to hear of all your successes!
  • Whodatgirl77
    Whodatgirl77 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best wishes on your journey!
  • Martina_Who
    Martina_Who Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!!
    I also am hypo, feel free to add me xox
  • madisoneads
    Options
    I've been at this for 3 days and already noticing such a difference. If I can do it, anyone can!!
  • lovecriminal
    lovecriminal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Big welcome to MFP.

Stay focused and take this as a lifestyle change - winning is definitely not so far.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I am 24 years young. I have a husband who loves and supports me in everything I do. It's great, It's incredible. It's also detrimental. I have gained 10 pants sizes since we first got together 4 years ago. It's humiliating. He still finds me sexy and attractive and we still have sex. I do NOT at all feel sexy. When we go on dates it's usually to go out to eat. With being in a long distance relationship for the first part, we went out to eat when we were able to be together. It was mostly fast food.

I was diagosed with GERD, Gastritus, IBS, Hypothyroidism, Hyperglycemic, PCOS, Kidney stones, and Plantar Faciitis. All within the last 2 years. My body is breaking, it is no longer working. It's about time i take care of the one I have instead of wishing I had a different one. I have some struggles ahead of me due to these medical issues adding, and making it harder to loose weight. My family is all overweight and on the brink of diabetes. My husband and I have been trying to have a baby for 2 years now. It's not going to happen with all of this weight. It's just not. Not only are the cysts covering my overies giving me a setback by not having a reproductive cycle but I am going through an artificial menopause becuase of it. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE not having a period, LOVE it, but I do not love this setback. I have been doing research on what I can do to overcome some of these diagnoses. Unfortunately I'm reading a lot of things that are telling me that weight gain is a side effect of these disorders. I used to accept that and accept being fat. No more. I am going to overcome this. Even if I don't end up having kids of my own, because now that it's not been on the table anymore I'm not even sure if I want them, I want to get healthy.

Healthy to me isn't necessarily skinny. I just want to FEEL better. I don't want to have this insomnia at night and not want to get out of bed during the day. I don't want to burp up every food I eat, no matter how well I chew it. I was able to view my CT scan from the most recent ER visit for kidney stone. I was both so grossed out and motivated. I'd always told myself that I can't be tiny, I have too big of bones to be tiny. Well, I do have big bones, but I also have a lot of FAT. I could see it there, on the outside of a muscle layer. Fat. Gross, unhealthy, killing me, FAT. I want it gone. I know it's not going to happen to my overnight because I didn't put it all on overnight. Sure, putting it on was a hell of a lot easier than taking it off is going to be. It WILL be worth it, I know it will. It will be worth it when my husband can pick me up without grunting and groaning. I want to be able to be picked up and thrown on the bed for him to have his way with me. I want to look like the skinny girls he dated before me. I will get there. It will take time, dedication, support, and a hell of a lot of motivation. I will do this.

This is my story and I'm going to loose more and more every time I tell it.

wow! brought tears to my eyes :sad:
    yes you can do it.. one step at a time.. one meal at a time.. one pound LOST at a time!!!!!!
    you sound posotive and I am VERY posotive and motivated... ive lost 21#"s in 10wks now on mfp! and i feel so much better already and am told how good im looking.. feels awesome!!!! funny I used to see this saying at curves.. yrs ago.. when i went to that gym.... "nothing tastes as good as thin feels".. and now.. im slowly starting to believe it!!!... not that you cant have what you want food wise on MFP.. but you hafta track it and honestly and watch portions BIG TIME key to this plan...
    welcome..
    my name is Erin.. friend req me if you would like! :flowerforyou:
  • kbaker1952
    Options
    Your attitude is to be admired. I know you will get to your goal.
  • MahBawlsRRT
    Options
    Wow. All of you have amazing stories. I have a good friend with PCOS and all she wants is a baby. May all of you be blessed in your weight loss journeys. You all inspire me, for reals :)