When do you weigh in?

Hello!

Right now I'm currently recording my weight on Monday mornings. Now, this doesn't mean that I'm not weighing myself throughout the week. I like to make sure I'm staying on track with my diet and exercise. Throughout the week I tend to eat really clean, and usually I cheat (still staying within my calories for the most part, just not the healthiest of choices) during the weekends since I'm out and about with friends.

I'm thinking that I need to change my weigh in to Fridays. Really that means a short week until my weigh in on Friday, and then one week between from here on out. I'm really curious to see if there is going to be a change with my pace. I feel like I drop weight during the week, gain a bit on the weekends, and then I still balance out to average one pound a week.

This may be completely ridiculous too, but it is what I am going to do for now! :-)

Abbie

Replies

• I have decided to get weighed on a Friday now, as when ive had more of what i enjoy on a weekend i dont see as good a loss on a monday morning, which usually results in me being upset and eating even more. I say its worth making the switch.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    I weigh in on Friday mornings when I wake up
  • bejay23
    bejay23 Posts: 11 Member
    I weigh in every Monday as well, and seem to be following the same pattern you are...slightly cheating on the weekends and evening back out to about 1lb the following Monday.
  • ablissabby
    ablissabby Posts: 56 Member
    Hi Abbie!

I also weigh in on Monday mornings - I have even more incentive to not cheat on the weekends that way!

Cheers!
    Abby (with a Y) :)
  • avasano
    avasano Posts: 487 Member
    In the morning, so I have all day to recover... lol!
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Saturday mornings. Because I like to weigh in atleast 24 hours after my last work out. Somehow I retain wgt when working out... so Thursday night work out... friday no work out and sat morning weigh in before my morning workout.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Sunday mornings for me. Since I work weekends it's not hard to keep on track Saturdays and Sundays.
  • Flyer615
    Flyer615 Posts: 173 Member
    I "weigh in" on Fridays. I've found, like you, that I tend to eat a little better through the week. Having said that, the scale (which lies to me all the time) will, for the most part, balance itself out. In other words, if you weigh every Monday, and you're losing 1 pound per week, it'll show up on Mondays. Your weight might be less on Fridays than Mondays, but it should still be fairly consistent. When I started this, I weighed myself twice a day, everyday. Now, I weigh once per week. I even miss that sometimes.
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Saturday mornings after using the restroom and totally nude. That is the true weight. Weighing every so often throughout the week does not reflect a true weight. Weight fluctuates so it is best to weigh just one morning a week, the same morning each week.
  • PaulW2MD
    PaulW2MD Posts: 44 Member
    Every Morning, I don't like suspense. However i also don't get upset with the daily ups and downs that come with weighing everyday. If I have a particularly bad weigh in I try to go back to the previous day and see what I may have been off on. I usually see that I had too much sodium and it was fluid retention. Anyway, it works with my OCD.
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    I weigh myself every couple of days -- always in the morning, always nude, always before water/breakfast/pills.
  • possibri
    possibri Posts: 158 Member
    I weigh every Wednesday morning, when I first wake up (usually I'll weigh then go to the bathroom and weigh again just for the comparison).

And I measure every other Wednesday after I've weighed.
  • Goal_Driven
    Goal_Driven Posts: 371 Member
    I have my weigh in days on Sundays.

Reasons? lol, it's the beginning of a new week.. and it forces me to be held accountable during the weekend! :) That way I don't go overboard and have TOO much fun ;) I also weigh throughout the week to note if I'm keeping on track and whatnot, but the one that actually counts and gets logged in MFP is Sunday.
  • jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    Saturday mornings, before breakfast. So If I do cheat on the weekends, it won't show.
  • I weigh myself every day, twice a day...just so I know the range of my weight (from morning to night), this helps to keep me motivated and on track. I don't really do a official "weigh in" day any more (it use to be Saturday mornings), since I reached maintinance. I just "weigh in" if I see a drop that lasts more than a few days.
  • I weigh in every tuesday morning once a week only. No specific reason other than thats the 2nd day of when i started my diet and realized i needed to know what my highest weight was to start logging.
  • Thats me too. Weigh in on Mondays keeps me honest during the weekends.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    It's just a habit to weight in just before I jump in the shower in the morning, but it only counts on Friday.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    I weigh pretty much daily. But my 'official' weigh in day is Saturday. That just means that Saturday's weight is what gets recorded on MFP. I actually started that a month or two ago... It seemed to help me to see that even though it fluctuates, it seems to stay where it needs to (I'm in maintenance for the last month). And I chose Saturday because, for whatever reason unknown to me, that seems to be the day of the week on which I tend to weigh the least. :laugh:
  • kkwebster
    kkwebster Posts: 40 Member
    I weigh on Mondays, it is just when I started weighing in. Mondays are usually my rest days because my husband and i take turns watching our son on weekends so we can take our time doing the workouts we love (I love the gym, he likes bicycling). After my first month of crazy weight gains and losses (my water weight was settling) Mondays just work out.