Starting OVER again....

Options
Hey, my name is Anita and IM a 47 year old Grandma. I love life and the people I share my life with, especially my family!

I have struggled with weight loss for my entire life. I do well in the beginning but mid-point I lose the ambition and the desire. Usually at this point I want something yummy, gooey and fattening!

I was introduced to this website by a family member, I have made the 1st step by joining so I am really hoping that keeping track of everything I do will certainly help with the motivation and the desire to get this weight off...and forever keep it off. I want to be around for a long long time for my kids and my Grandkids. Life is worth living we just have to get out there and live it!

Replies

• nydoll911
    nydoll911 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I do the same.....except I lose some weight then stop exercising (cuz I hate it) and the weight comes back on. I "restarted" yesterday, I think the best thing to do is to continue to talk to yourself in a positive voice. I can do this, I will do this, this set back will not break me, those kind of things. Just remember you will have bad days but don't beat yourself up over them, focus on the good days. You can do this :happy:
  • HuskyMan3
    HuskyMan3 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    hello. I am from the KC area and looking for friends to support and to be supported by while trying to lose the weight. Add me if you like. thanks
  • JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Options
    I hear you!!! The yoyo. MFP is great! I've got some great Pals here to keep my motivated. Once you start tracking food and exercise you'll be amazed at your progress! You can add me if you wish.
  • hajir7
    hajir7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Hajir I was in the same situation for years, I started my own diet and exersice on June 19, 2012 and lost 10 lb then my daughter suggested for me to join myfittnesspal, I did and I loved it, with myfitnesspal I lost 12 lb, so far I lost 22 lb I feel youn and great, it keeps u motivated by tracking your food and exersice, u can add me, and good luck:)
  • Helen_Luvnlife
    Helen_Luvnlife Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Helen. I could not even guess how many diets I have been on in the past. I started for the last time in March of 2009. After struggling and. Wry slow weight loss someone at the gym recommended MFP. I have been having rear success with it. Add me as a friend if you would like.