Any Canadians here? 15 lbs before end of the year?

Hi all,

I've been using this site since the beginning of 2012, and it was working really well for me for the first 6 months while a friend was participating with me. He's since dropped out of thr program. I lost about 22 pounds but have since gained back 10. I'm finding that I definitely need the motivation of having someone do the program with me. My wife is expecting our third so she isn't an option. Most of my friends are either in great shape or don't want to put in the effort, so here I am.

I'm 34, male, currently at 179lbs and would like to go down to 165 by the end of the year.

If you're in the same situation as me, perhaps we can connect as friends and motivate each other?

Thanks.

Replies

• megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Hello there! I started fully using MFP beginning of June, and since then I have lost 35.8lbs, and I still have about 84lbs to go.

I'm 21, female from Canada. I'm hoping to lose between 20-30 lbs by the end of the year(I'd be super happy losing 35 lbs by then, but probably not realistic.).

I do have quite a bit of support, but I do know how hard it is to do it with very little motivation and support.

I know you can do this! YOU CAN DO THIS! We can all do this! You just have to keep at it, keep telling yourself you will get there. It will take some time and persistance but you got this! You can do whatever you set your mind to.

-Megan.
  • Bossit
    Bossit Posts: 118 Member
    Ottawa here! 25 yr old. Run 10k every weekday.
    I'm at 208. I'd like to go as far as I can. 165 would be the lowest.
  • ncorkett
    ncorkett Posts: 49 Member
    15lbs is the exact amount I want to lose before New Year's Day. I completely understand about needing some friends to help you on this journey. You can add me if you want. Oh and I'm from Alberta.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    26 y/o New Brunswicker. Almost 20 pounds down, another 20 or so to go. I am on here daily, logging, posting on the message boards, etc. I do it all alone, with my spouse currently deployed overseas, so I know how hard it can be to be solo on the fitness journey.
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    feel free to add me
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Victoria BC - 10lbs would be my ultimate goal weight. Feel free to add me Canada peeps
  • pascale485
    pascale485 Posts: 173 Member
    feel free to add me, my boyfriend was doing it with me and he dropped out, i gained everything that i lost... so now, i'm back to the beginning!!!
  • wonderish
    wonderish Posts: 89 Member
    Edmonton here! :)
  • Tarin626
    Tarin626 Posts: 101 Member
    Toronto here! I've lost over 20lbs (weigh-in tomorrow :-) but still got a lot to lose! Always looking for some support & new friends.

Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • Jessvaliquette
    Jessvaliquette Posts: 111 Member
    Ottawa here, long way from my goal but starting working towards it.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    You can do it!! Feel free to add if you need a kick in the pant's!:smile:
  • cloe31
    cloe31 Posts: 75 Member
    Anyone can add me if they want. I have another 25lbs to lose.
  • all5days
    all5days Posts: 5 Member
    I've been on the site for a while, but have only recently started to take weight loss seriously. My goal is to lose 15 pounds by my birthday!
    PS: I'm from Ontario
  • poetictraveller
    poetictraveller Posts: 47 Member
    Vancouver here...I'll cheer you on...rah rah rah!
  • Sweetsugar0424
    Sweetsugar0424 Posts: 451 Member
    32 y/o here in Manitoba. Have lost 31 lbs so far and looking to lose another 12 by the end of the year. Feel free to add me anyone.
  • lila1980
    lila1980 Posts: 63 Member
    I'm hoping for 25 by the end of the year, but I would be thrilled with 15! Feel free to add me as well. I enjoy kicking in the pants as well as being kicked in the pants. ;)
  • teepeetim
    teepeetim Posts: 99 Member
    Shanty Bay (near Barrie Ont)
    I've only a few more pounds to go, but count me in. Now into weights so I may go up.

Tim