If I knew then what I know now, I would........

Options

Replies

• katiekrusher
    katiekrusher Posts: 143
    Options
    Not fallen under the spell of 59 cent cheeseburger days at McDonalds..
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    have not drank sweet tea or ate so much queso...or drank margaritas that were not sugar free...oh so many things!
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I would have never tried all of those starvation/low calorie diets in the past!
  • mlauraa
    mlauraa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    not have gone to McDonalds everyday and sit in my *kitten* and do nothing all day....
  • KaidaKantri
    KaidaKantri Posts: 401
    Options
    If I knew then what I know now I would have not bought my car and kept walking everywhere.
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    I would not have sneezed with my mouth full of spaghetti. :noway:
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I did KNOW then, but I could not EXECUTE...couldn't close the deal. Emotionally I was not ready to "give up" food. I wrote out My Wellness Plan over 15 years ago, still got the notes and calorie and carb counter, still remember the gym memberships NEVER used, still remember the stationary bikes, treadmills, weights, bought and given to Goodwill. My EQ has grown and I can DO a whole lot of things NOW that I could not then even though I KNEW what I know NOW. You'd be surprised how LITTLE KNOWLEDGE plays in our Lives, Spiritual, Emotional, Psychological and Social factors play way more of a role in our Lives than Knowledge.
  • CharityEaton
    CharityEaton Posts: 508
    Options
    I would not change a thing because I have learned so many things about myself and my body. I wouldn't want to skip over that learning phase becasue I think the pain and tears were a vital part in making sure I stick with this as a lifestyle. I am stronger, healthier and smarter because of all of the mistakes I made along the way and even with all those mistakes I still made it and that gives me the strength and confidence to keep working my butt off every day! I also appreciate where I am a whole lot more!

I think the only thing I would like to say to myself THEN is to be patient...it WILL happen!
  • tjeanette74
    Options
    ...have cared enough about myself to pay attention to what I was doing to my body.
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I would have pestered my doctors more as a teenager, gotten more tests and not taken "its nothing to worry about" for an answer. Having that extra 20 years to deal with a probable PCOS diagnosis would have been great. But, at least now I know, right?

I would have stopped eating the amount of carbs once I got a desk job that I had been eating while at my very physical jobs before, during and after college.

I would have learned more about web programming languages and come up with a site like this! :bigsmile:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    If I knew then what I know now regarding weight loss, I would not have let my dispair, postnatal depression, and self-hatred control my life. I would not have let the doctors tell me "I'm so sorry for your loss" when I had eight miscarriages and done something to get my hormones and reproductive system under control. I would not have let others tell me "it's okay to be sad" and pulled myself up to face my struggles. I would have not been so completely de-moralized and unavailable to my inner-self that I let myself be used, abused, and nearly left for dead. I'd be stronger, more self-aware, and less self-hating.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    please don't let me be the killer of this thread...
  • painauxraisin
    painauxraisin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    ....... have eaten less!
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    If I knew then what I know now regarding weight loss, I would have started exercising and eating right before this dang metabolism of mine started slowing down :)
  • IsisRosa
    IsisRosa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would not have allowed myself to stop working out, then start again, then stop, then start over and over again.
  • sukaera
    sukaera Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If I knew then what I know now, I would have educated myself better regarding nutrition because I had a poor role model to look up to as a child... BUT,
    It's up to me now! and I'm learning more and more every day! :D
  • brilaa
    Options
    Love and light to you
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Stop eating fast food!
  • mhurd76
    mhurd76 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Would not have eaten Taco Bell and Denny's every week my freshmen year at college...let alone the alcohol! It was a downward spiral ever since then!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I would have started losing weight 100 pounds earlier.