23 year old new mommy trying to bring the sexy back

Options
Hey guys! I'm new here (obviously), and I'm sort of in the middle of my weight loss journey. I had my first child 14 months ago, and gained 30 lbs with my pregnancy. I lost 10 of those pounds in the first few days postpartum, but have had trouble with the remaining 20.

Two years ago I weighed what I do now, started calorie counting, and lost 20 lbs in a little under three months. I know I can do it this time around, because I have before! So far I'm down about 8 lbs, and can't wait to keep going! I'm trying to lose even more than 20 this time - hopefully to get back down to my high school weight. I'm loving this site to help track my food and exercise, and other than calorie counting I try to take a 30-45 minute brisk walk every day. Wish me luck!!

Replies

• sarkazm
    sarkazm Posts: 104
    Options
    Good luck! This is a good place to start! Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other!
  • leon2709
    Options
    Good luck :)

Feel free to add me, I'm in the same situation as you trying to lose my baby weight and a little bit more on top of that
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    You will do this. No luck needed, slow & steady!
  • itcouldbeme
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm new here (obviously), and I'm sort of in the middle of my weight loss journey. I had my first child 14 months ago, and gained 30 lbs with my pregnancy. I lost 10 of those pounds in the first few days postpartum, but have had trouble with the remaining 20.

Two years ago I weighed what I do now, started calorie counting, and lost 20 lbs in a little under three months. I know I can do it this time around, because I have before! So far I'm down about 8 lbs, and can't wait to keep going! I'm trying to lose even more than 20 this time - hopefully to get back down to my high school weight. I'm loving this site to help track my food and exercise, and other than calorie counting I try to take a 30-45 minute brisk walk every day. Wish me luck!!

Good luck! I'm sure you can do it!
  • katmaravilla
    Options
    Same here!! Feel free to add me. We CAN do this!! :]
  • MeanSophieCat
    MeanSophieCat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have a 21 month old and a 6 month old. I've lost all my baby weight but working on another 20-30lbs gained pre-pregnancy.

I'm giving myself a year to lose the weight because I'd like to get pregnant again in about a year and would like to (for once!) start my pregnancy at a healthy weight.

Good luck!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options

Wishing you the best. Anyone can do it at any age. The sooner you start lifting weight the better. It will keep you younger. While I can't say this will work for everyone it worked for me --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/740340-i-lost-60-lbs-at-age-51-anyone-can-any-workout

But for sure lifting will benefit everyone, whether at home or the gym. The DXA scan proved it to me, lifting makes you younger!
  • sidney_c77
    sidney_c77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I'm feeling very confident because I actually get excited about planning my meals and workouts, and especially tracking my progress. It's fun, motivating, and gives me something to do while I'm bored at work (like right now)! =)