Does this usually happen?

Options
2»

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    but is it normal for the scale to continue going down? it actually goes up and down between 1 to 2 pounds every time i get on the scale but it usually drops.

Yes, that's what they do. Like a yoyo, but the lows get lower and the highs never get as high.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I also think that it depends how much weight you have to lose.
    I started at 245 lbs and the first bit didn't really show at all. For me, my MAJOR changes showed between 50-75lbs lost.

I would give it some more time. Pay attention to how your clothes are fitting too.

Good luck
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    It took me an incredibly long time to see a difference in myself. I think we look at ourselves so frequently that we don't see the small changes that our friends and family are seeing. I still have a hard time seeing a difference when I look in the mirror, but when I look at pictures from two years ago and today, the change is amazing!! Good luck on your journey!

This is me too. I go back and look at pictures alot. I also kept one outfit from the starting point I put on sometimes to remind myself.
  • jensenta3
    Options
    Give it at least 12 weeks to notice change. If the scale is moving or measurements are changing - you are definitely making progress!
  • gxdragon
    gxdragon Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    but is it normal for the scale to continue going down? it actually goes up and down between 1 to 2 pounds every time i get on the scale but it usually drops.

Weigh yourself around the same time every day. I weigh myself first thing in the morning since your weight will vary throughout the day. Also do your clothes fit any different? My pants were falling off, I started tightening my belt. Today I dug out an old pair of pants a size smaller.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It varies person to person. I lost inches before I lost any weight.

You say you are eating 1200 calories and burning 600-800. Does that mean you are eating 1200 net (1800-2000 total) calories or 1200 total (400-600 net). If it's 1200 total, you are likely losing muscle almost as fast as fat unless you have a lot of weight to lose.
  • ar1ms
    ar1ms Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It varies person to person. I lost inches before I lost any weight.

You say you are eating 1200 calories and burning 600-800. Does that mean you are eating 1200 net (1800-2000 total) calories or 1200 total (400-600 net). If it's 1200 total, you are likely losing muscle almost as fast as fat unless you have a lot of weight to lose.

1200 total.... and i know that its not good but i feel like i eat so much already i feel huge if i eat more during the day :( i have like 20-30 pounds to lose.

i was 185 when i started my diet and today the scale said 172
  • deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit scale obsessed so I try to only weigh myself once a week. There are so many factors that can make your weight fluctuate throughout the day/week and even month.

Find something you were wearing a month ago and see how it looks now...find something that was kinda snug see if there's any improvement...And if you're really brave take some measurements, the tape measure doesn't lie.

Just keep doing what your doing. Drink your water, make good choices and try to do a little better every day.