Fall Runs.

Options

Replies

• JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Monster Dash in MN - October 27th 10 miler :)
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Twin Cities Marathon on October 7 (using the FIRST plan)

Monster Dash 1/2 marathon on October 27

Beer after? :)
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Wine at the Line 5k October 8
    Fright Night (aka "Run Like Hell) 5k October 26
    Santa Lauf 5k in December
  • Incendia99
    Incendia99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm proud to say I'm running my first 5K on Oct. 28th! It's a Halloween/Dia de los Muertos themed thing - 'Day of the Tread' Ha! I always go all-out on costumes every year, but I can't imagine what I could possibly wear while running! Maybe I'll just do some zombie makeup and chase all the other runners around gnashing my teeth! lolz
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Chicago Marathon October 7! If I survive, a Hot Cocoa 5k the following weekend, and then I may never run again.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    After a long, health related running hiatus I am going to be running a 5k in November. I wasn't spectacular before, so yesterday I started back up with Couch to 5k. Just saw a preview of a new Oxygen magazine that has a 5k in 5 weeks program in it. I'd be curious to check it out, even though I have just enough time to do C25K I wouldn't mind seeing if I can get up to race ready in 5 weeks instead and then spend a little time working on speed and hills.
  • BlessedandBeautifulBrown
    Options
    Signed up for my first 5k next month...Zombie run
  • Juliet_622
    Juliet_622 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just did a 10km last weekend at the Toronto Zoo. And I have my first half-marathon at the Scotiabank Waterfront on Oct 14.
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    running in the fall is just awesome... Boy i wish i was home from work running right now <daydreaming and jumping up> oh wait you asked a question... Tough Mudder then hardcore training for a half marathon in March. I hope to get in a destination run to either Vegas, California, or an Island in December though :-)
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My training is consistent as if I were going to run a half marathon, but I have nothing scheduled.
  • pithole
    pithole Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Johnstown, PA half marathon October 7th. Used/Using coolrunning's beginner half marathon training program. I'm a pretty big fan of their beginner programs, I've done most of them, and found myself really ready at the end, and finishing about when I'd expected. They're also free ;)

You should check out the WHYY Y12k.
    http://whyy.org/y12k/
    You can see me, I'm the dude in the 2011 race reults button.
    Fun times and the cookie monster!

Just finished the Philly Rock 'n' Roll Half.

I love me some Fall runs too.

Nothing planned beyond that, 5k's are abundant this time of the year so I am sure I'll be doing plenty of those.

I also love running in the morning watching the sun rise on cool Fall days.

Also this time of the year is awesome to see your self actually smoking after a run standing outside in the cold, so cool!

Keep pounding the pavement fellow running warriors!
  • DJmom44
    Options
    Training for my first full marathon on 28 Oct using Non-Runners Marathon Guide, which means I'm running 4 times a week. Last week it was 5 mi, 8 mi, 5 mi, and 18 mi. The day before and day after the long run are always non-running days. Love fall running!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I'm proud to say I'm running my first 5K on Oct. 28th! It's a Halloween/Dia de los Muertos themed thing - 'Day of the Tread' Ha! I always go all-out on costumes every year, but I can't imagine what I could possibly wear while running! Maybe I'll just do some zombie makeup and chase all the other runners around gnashing my teeth! lolz

That sounds like fun. I'd love to be in a race full of zombies. I might run a little faster if I thought it was going to catch me.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I am running in a half marathon on October 14th. For training, I will run 7 miles three times a week and try for a 10+ mile run on the weekends.

In November, I need to start training for a full in April. It will be here before I know it.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    check out the book "4 hour body" by Timothy Ferris. There are a lot of tips in there on all things running.
    to a better stride, running faster, running longer and improving your time/endurance, with less practice.

Good luck
  • reammi
    Options
    I am running my first half marathon in Seaside NJ on 10/14. I run 5 days a week (4 to 7 miles during the week and a long run on Sundays). I have run the 13.1 distance twice just to make sure I can do it and I was very proud of myself as I could do it!!!! After this race I'll run a Turkey Trot and then not sure. I much prefer fall running to summer running in the heat and humidity.
  • TosaDana
    Options
    5K in Milwaukee in November. Have to start somewhere...
  • Culley34
    Options
    Hartford Full Marathon on Oct. 13th

Nothing else planned. Maybe a turkey trot or a jingle bell run.

After the marathon-- I really want to focus in the shorter distances (10k - half), along with adding in more speed work and hill repeats.
  • jturnerx
    jturnerx Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Just did a road marathon this past Sunday.

10/13 - trail marathon
    10/14 - road half
    11/11 - trail 50k
    12/01 - trail 50 mile
  • alycat06
    Options
    I'm about to wrap up the C25K program with plans to run my first race, a 5K turkey trot. However, I've fallen in love with running, so I'm itching to do my first race sooner. I might try to do the local Komen race on October 20. I've already set my sights on my first 10K in early April, the Cooper River Bridge Run.