Net Calories: Do I need to eat them all?

Options
After I have a tough workout and plug it in, I always have about 200-300 net calories...but by the end of the day I rarely feel deprived. I was wondering if after you work out and earn net calories, do you HAVE to eat them all to lose weight? Thanks!

Replies

• chrcos24
    Options
    Even if I work out in the middle of the day, I write a note with the calories I burned and how long I worked out for. I always eat the amount of calories I'm supposed to, then at the end of the day, plug in my exercise calories. I know I'll lose weight if I only eat my set amount of calories, but burn some with exercise (and not eat them!). It's all up to you - figure out how your body works. If you need to eat all of your calories + what you burn, do it! Try different methods each week to figure out what works for you.
  • smarston
    smarston Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat your workout calories your body will go into starvation mode making it harder for you lose weight. If you feel satisfied don't make yourself eat just try snacks higher calorie healthy snacks. Say for instance a handful of roasted almonds. Just listen to your body it will tell you what you need to do.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I would just make sure that you are absolutely eating 1200 calories a day after working out. If you do that, then you should be okay. Granted, everybody's body is different and you may have to eat all of your calories. Try it your way first and if you're still losing weight than you should be fine.