Weird things nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• SexiBecki
    SexiBecki Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I thought my tailbone hurting was just a fluke! Lol! It never occured to me that it was from a smaller butt :) I was scratching my shoulder the other day and noticed I have shoulder bones :)
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Then it hit me. I didn't notice it...because it was covered in fat. Those 20 pounds provided quite a bit of cushion. So...maybe I'm a crazy person, but I'm betting there are a few of you out there who have had somewhat alarming moments that you didn't initially realize were due to having lost weight.

This has happened to me too!! When I'm lying down in my bed, I have to keep adjusting myself until I get comfy, cause YES, I had a lot of cushion around my waist.
  • PurpleEpiphany
    Options
    Lost enough padding from my butt that I had to adjust the rearview mirror down. NEVER would've thought of that...

:laugh: :laugh:

Awesome! Lol.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    YOUR HAIR WILL FALL OUT!!!! ugh!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    YOUR HAIR WILL FALL OUT!!!! ugh!!
    Maybe you're losing weight too fast?
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I had to start playing soccer so chicks would stop hitting on me.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    1) I have a collar bone
    2) My left trap is freakishly larger than my right trap (from lifting)
    3) My shoe size went down 1/2 size
    4) My fingers got smaller
    5) Being cold all the time
    6) Still not being happy with myself. - even after losing 40 lbs. I want to be down more than 40 lbs and the scale isn't budging.
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I can flex my pecs... (Now that was an interesting day when I found that out!!)

Yes! I was like.. WTF is... PECS! And made my boyfriend come see.... Also my shoulder muscles (deltoids?)... I went to scratch my shoulder and it was muscly!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    My glasses arent so snug on my face anymore!
    Took the headaches away!
    Image-1.jpg
  • Lemonaiding
    Lemonaiding Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sitting in the bath tub is not as comfortable as before. My tail bone and hips do not have the cushion they use to have...oh well, I will take that side effect...I sit on a folded towel if I plan on soaking for a while.....

This was something that bothered me after losing weight. It hurt so bad to sit in the tub, right on my tail bone. Once I was a few months into weight lifting the pain subsided. Hooray for butt muscle!
  • Colli78
    Colli78 Posts: 135
    Options
    I am cold all the time.
    I have weird indentions where my skin used to be smooth. Fat, but smooth. I just imagine they are "fat pockets" where the fat has disappeared and the rest will soon follow.
    And....my pelvic bone. Back when I was in a relationship and we were um....doing extra curricular activities, my pelvic bone bruised a lot easier. :embarassed:
  • mom2handh1975
    mom2handh1975 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    One thing I figured out losing weight is that it is not just your clothes sizes that go down. My shoes went down an entire size and my ring size went from a 4.5 to a 3 -i know, weirdly small to begin with.

But I agree, I also noticed parts of my body more. I still get confused/shocked when i touch my rib area and it is not the same cushioned area as before or my hip bones being more pronounced/ visible. It's definitely interesting haha

OMG!! You mean my shoe size can actually go DOWN????? I really hope that happens to me! :happy:
  • tabbykat6802
    tabbykat6802 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I really don't want to lose any more shoe sizing. I am already having to go through the little girls section for a 3 1/2 b/c most places don't carry many size 5's in the womens section.
  • addaline22
    Options
    that there are 'flabby times' i was laying in bed reading and my arm felt funny. Loose skin resting in a new place.
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for all this stuff to happen to me...lol
    Same!!
  • karrielynn80
    karrielynn80 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I found out I had an extra bone in my foot. I had been overweight so long that when I started losing, I lost from ankles, feet, and face first. I have a weird protrusion on my feet that turned out to be an extra bone according to my dr. Never knew.
    my "heel" is an extra bone. I have a "knot" on the back of my foot - it's always seemed normal to me - mostly b/c i hate feet & don't look at others feet, - until my hubs pointed out the oddity. lol
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my weight in my feet so far, I lost so much that the last time I went to the doctors I had shrunk from 5'4" to 5'1". So its so weird, also I keep losing my old clothes that survived my house fire lol.
  • TrinaBurch
    TrinaBurch Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    These provide so much inspiration! I can't wait for weird things to happen to me... especially fitting into some of my old shoes!!!
    Thanks for the laughs!
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I've lost 78 lbs and I'm so worried that I'm going to have extra skin and won't be happy with my end result. Anyone else who has lost a bunch of weight the old fashioned way have any experience with this? I still have 43 lbs to go to be at my ideal weight.. I'm just hoping my bikini body is not just a dream...
    I've lost 100 pounds and do not have a whole lots of excess skin..nor more than I did when I was 100 pounds heavier that is. But I've been working out the whole time. I know loose skin has a lot to do with genetics and age as well. I guess I lucked out.
  • usfirefly
    usfirefly Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am also always cold! buurrrrr
    actually I am constantly freezing, I hope my body adjusts more cause this is a little to extreme...

Also the collarbones and hipbones and rips I can feel, and yes my shoes are to big too, actually i was kinda happy about that, It was a good excuse to get new ones.
    I discoverd today that I can touch my forehead with my heel. That was kinda awesome! Never thought that that was possible for me,
    Also I have the tailbone problem, but now I can sit with both feet up on the chair and rest my head on my knees, so that is what I do when my tailbone starts complaining.