Greek yogurt recipes?

Options
ok so i have some plain greek yogurt left, and some honey greek yogurt (a whole tub). i'll get straight to the point and say that i realllly don't enjoy eating it on it's own..even with granola and fruit on top! does anyone have any recipes that incorporate greek yogurt?! (preferably a dessert since i have a whole tub of honey greek yogurt to use!)

Replies

• mdb543
    mdb543 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have tons of recipes on my blog for greek yogurt and I'm adding new ones daily :0)

http://fitandtoneforlife.blogspot.com
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I like mixing 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt with one packet of Nutrisse and and one serving of dry sugar free pudding mix. Then I stir in 8g of walnuts and 7g of mini chocolate chips. Yummy!
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    that link has some good ideas.....
  • shandyw
    shandyw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip
    1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt mixed with 1/4 cup of peanut butter
    Use it as a dip for fruit (bananas, strawberries, apple slices, etc.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Mix with your favorite jam.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Throw a couple tablespoons into a protein shake for extra creaminess!

I also like to make "puddings" with plain greek yogurt - I buy sugar free jello pudding mix, then add a tablespoon of the mix into my cup of yogurt and mix it up, tastes just like pudding!! My favorites are the pistachio and lemon.

I also use it in oatmeal for a little creaminess.

You can also sub it for sour cream in any recipe!

There are endless uses to it!
  • thatyogagirl
    thatyogagirl Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like to mix 6 oz of greek yogurt + 1 tbs of honey + 10grams of pecans
  • emmeylou
    emmeylou Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I use plain greek yogurt in turkey meatballs instead of breadcrumbs... and pretty much anything that requires sour cream can be substituted for the greek yogurt. I baked a chocolate cake once that called for sour cream and used greek yogurt (I was actually out of sour cream and had yogurt that had to be used) instead and it came out delicious!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    <
    currently eating 2/3c plain greek yogurt with 2tbs chocolate pb2 and 1tbsp carob chips as I type....so good it's hard to stop to type!

I also mix in my plain greek yogurt:
    -1tbsp sugar free blueberry preserves and 1/4c blueberries
    -1tbsp sugar free raspberry preserves and 1bsp carob (or chocolate) chips
    -tbsp peanut butter and 1/2 scoop protein powder
    -1tbsp canned pumpkin and 1tsp dry cheesecake pudding mix and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice (this might actually work well in the honey greek yogurt, perhaps without the addition of the pudding mix)

The plain greek yogurt also makes a really good substitute for sour cream.
  • KiraBg
    Options
    You can make a tsatsiki sauce or Snezhanka salad the way it is called in Bulgaria. I sometimes put it on sandwitches instead of mayo - grate one cucumber, add a tub of plain greek yoghurt, add dried dill weed or fresh dill, salt to taste and a spoon of Sunflower oil (you can pass on the oil if you do not want the extra fat). You can add grated wallnuts as well if desired. Store in fridge. It is good for a few days. I also use is as a side to stufffed grape leaves or stuffed peppers. Same thing mixed with a few glasses of water makes tarator which is a nice cold summer soup. Sorry not a desert, but yummy nontheless.
  • mcdermor
    mcdermor Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mix in some garlic and herbs, then use it to marinate chicken for grilling. Makes great Greek-style chicken.

If it's thick enough, mix in desired flavorings, then use it instead of mayo for a sandwich spread.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I use plain greek yogurt in the place or sour cream, I have also mixed it with tuna instead of using mayo.

Here is a recipe link for greek yogurt chicken, it is really good
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/682756-greek-yogurt-melt-in-your-mouth-chicken
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I found this on pinterest and tried it. The batter is kind of gooey but they turned out very good. You wouldn't know the difference. Perfect for Saturday morning before I go for a long walk!

Greek Yogurt Pancakes
    •6 oz of your favorite Greek yogurt
    •1 egg
    •scant 1/2 cup flour
    •1 tsp baking soda
    Directions
    •Open the yogurt container and stir the yogurt until it’s smooth and creamy. Crack an egg over the yogurt and stir to combine leaving. The resulting mixture should be pale yellow in color and have a few lumps here and there. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking soda. Pour yogurt/egg mixture into the bowl with the flour and baking soda. Stir to combine. The batter will be extremely thick.

Spoon the batter onto a sprayed griddle or pan heated to medium-high. I usually make four big pancakes, but you could also make 8 smaller ones.

Flip the pancakes when they start to bubble a bit on the surface. Cook until golden brown on both sides and serve with butter, syrup, fruit, Nutella….anything! Enjoy!
    For lower-calorie Greek yogurt pancakes, use nonfat yogurt and an egg white instead of the whole egg. Equally delicious and easy to prepare.
  • abbyallen81
    Options
    Mix a good sized spoonful into a bowl of oatmeal (steal cut oats is the best, I think). It's really good with peaches, vanilla, and cinnamon.
    For the plain Greek yogurt, I like to mix it with vanilla and Splenda and then add fruit or granola or nuts.
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    Greek yogurt french toast http://www.voskos.com/recipes/brunch/a-big-greek-french-toast

Mix a bowl of yogurt with protein powder.

Put some in a smoothie.

Put some on a sandwich instead of mayo.
  • rmqt
    rmqt Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Grab a packet of veggie dip seasoning (the kind found in the spice isle) and make veggie or spinach dip for your carrot sticks.

I also use it in making tuna dip: two cans of tuna, two stalks chopped celery, half a chopped onion, half a block of lowfat cream cheese, half a block of extra creamy tofu, and half a cup of plain yogurt or as needed to reach dippy consistency. I know it sounds gross but my kids LOVE it.

I imagine you can do the tofu and cream cheese combo with the honey yogurt and add cinnamon and additional honey for a fruit dip.
  • fuelingit
    Options
    thank you ALL!! so helpful, i appreciate it!
  • Something I do is I add sugar free syrup (you can find flavors at your local starbucks) and if makes it taste SO much better! No calories either!
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Bump for all these ideas :)
  • katiwagner
    katiwagner Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bump, this has some great ideas! I love greek yogurt!