why do you keep doing it?

Options
Why do you keep exercising and eating healthy?

Physical benefits, health benefits, or both?

I eat healthy because it makes me feel better throughout the day. I find myself with more energy and just feel better about myself as a whole.

I exercise so I can eat more and also because I want to look good.

I keep on doing it because I enjoy the extra attention (not just men) and I like feeling confident.

Now your turn :)

Replies

• megsaidso
    megsaidso Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I never thought my body could feel this good! I went from being overweight, unhappy with myself, and tired and sluggish on a daily basis. I thought that was just how people felt. I will never go back to my old habits because I feel so amazing when I'm fueling my body with the right foods. Looking better is just an added bonus! :)
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I never thought my body could feel this good! I went from being overweight, unhappy with myself, and tired and sluggish on a daily basis. I thought that was just how people felt. I will never go back to my old habits because I feel so amazing when I'm fueling my body with the right foods. Looking better is just an added bonus! :)

I agree. I thought how i felt before i ate clean and didnt exercise was normal - tired all the time, lazy, no motivation, low self esteem. I was seriously wrong!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    To look good naked.
  • tbruegg
    tbruegg Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have an huge appetite have all my life, if I was not calorie conscience I would be HUGE!!!!!!!
  • Jess6385
    Jess6385 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I keep exercising because in a way I have become addicted to it. I love the way I feel when I'm done working out. I eat healthy because it feels great to have power over food when so many others let food have power over them.

I love seeing my body change. I seem to enjoy life more. I love going places with my hubby more now than ever. I don't constantly worry that people are looking at me. Shopping for clothes is A LOT more fun.
    I still have about 25 more lbs to go, but every day I tell myself my weight is only going down from here. That's an awesome feeling. I love having control over my life!

... and I'm addicted to MFP. I think I get on MFP more than Facebook.

=)
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I like the endorphins from exercise - nothing beats feeling sweaty, tired and hyped all at the same time. The sense of achievement is a real confidence booster. I enjoy eating well because it gives me energy and I no longer feel exhausted and contstantly chasing the next sugger hit to give me energy. I sleep better, moods are better regulated and my skin glows.
  • DaphneAtx
    Options
    Sugger? Really?

I keep doing it because I have told myself there is no other way. This is the way I'm going to eat for the rest of my life, so I've adapted to it. I eat pretty much anything I want and am never hungry and am losing consistently.
  • gailmelanie
    gailmelanie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I keep exercising because I need the strength and it keeps me from being in pain from not moving. I keep trying to lose weight because I'm scared about my blood pressure and I don't like the sensation of my rolls of skin touching each other. It's hard to stay motivated, sometimes, though. That's where MFP comes in.
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    It makes me happier and more positive, and helps heaps with my anxiety.