Jessica Simpson

Options
penniemh
penniemh Posts: 124 Member
Hello:

Normally, I could care less what stars and *famous* people have going on in their lives, this hits close to home though.

At work today I was scanning an "In Touch" magazine and read the article on Ms Simpsons weight loss...I was APPALLED...there is, according to this magazine, more criticism directed at her because she has *only* lost 40lbs in 4 months...Holy Frakin' Crap! I'd LOVE to lose 40#'s in 4 months. Wouldn't you? That's 10#'s/month (to state the obvious).

This is....gosh, I've tried to write this sentence 3-4x and words fail me... Do people *REALLY* think that 40#'s in 4 months is 'too little' weight loss? My Doc was happy that I lost 5#'s from Feb-April...I don't get it, I just don't.

/Rant

Replies

• GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I agree... it's because we as a society are used to "Fad" or "Fast" diets that don't last and hurt your body. Get real... 40# loss is excellent in that little bit of time. If she keeps it off I will be very happy for her. (BTW I've been a JS fan since day one!)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Well, that 40lbs is from the time she was 9 months pregnant til now. I know I dropped 20 lbs like right away just from giving birth, so it's not as dramatic as it sounds. She has a contract with Weight Watchers, and apparently she hasn't been having as much success as other celebs (like Jennifer Hudson) so WW was not pleased. Also, the whole media coverage of celebrity weight/weight loss makes me crazy.

On day on Entertainment Tonight (before she ever got pregnant) they were discussing Jessica Simpson and how she'd "ballooned" to 140 lbs and how 115 lbs was the ideal weight for a woman her height and build.

First of all, I weigh 140lbs (give or take a pound) and at her pre-pregnancy heaviest, I can assure you she weighed significantly more than I do now. I am the exact same height as she is and we have pretty much the same build: large chest, hips, curvy body. Secondly, 140lbs is NOT EVEN OVERWEIGHT for a woman who is 5'3". Third, 115 lbs? Are you kidding me? She is what, 30 years old??? 115 lbs is great for a woman our height who is NOT busty and has a small frame with narrow hips, but for a woman with her build---not a chance. At her best, when she was Daisy Duke, she was probably still a solid 125lbs (she had amazing muscle definition too) but of course, the media has to make her sound MUCH smaller.

No wonder we have young women starving themselves to be a certain weight. It's disgusting.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Well according to this
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2200694/Worth-weight-Jessica-Simpson-continues-shed-pounds-signing-multi-million-slimming-contract.html

Shes being paid 4million US to lose he weight.
    If i had that much to pay for trainers/ food, and it was for "work"
    I'd be working At it pretty hard.
  • bostongeek
    bostongeek Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I saw her first (?) ad for WW the other day, and it really awkwardly only shot her from the neck up. Yeah, I don't think they're pleased, but I feel like maybe they should wait for people to actually lose the weight using WW before paying them $4mil.
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I think it is ridiculous that women are expected to be pre pregnancy weight before they leave the hospital. Celebrities are always being criticised because of this. I don't know many women who bounce right back. They need to leave her alone and let her enjoy her baby.
  • genefabes
    Options
    I saw her first (?) ad for WW the other day, and it really awkwardly only shot her from the neck up. Yeah, I don't think they're pleased, but I feel like maybe they should wait for people to actually lose the weight using WW before paying them $4mil.

right? she is literally just the "face" of weight watchers.
  • penniemh
    penniemh Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Well, that 40lbs is from the time she was 9 months pregnant til now. I know I dropped 20 lbs like right away just from giving birth, so it's not as dramatic as it sounds. She has a contract with Weight Watchers, and apparently she hasn't been having as much success as other celebs (like Jennifer Hudson) so WW was not pleased. Also, the whole media coverage of celebrity weight/weight loss makes me crazy.

On day on Entertainment Tonight (before she ever got pregnant) they were discussing Jessica Simpson and how she'd "ballooned" to 140 lbs and how 115 lbs was the ideal weight for a woman her height and build.

First of all, I weigh 140lbs (give or take a pound) and at her pre-pregnancy heaviest, I can assure you she weighed significantly more than I do now. I am the exact same height as she is and we have pretty much the same build: large chest, hips, curvy body. Secondly, 140lbs is NOT EVEN OVERWEIGHT for a woman who is 5'3". Third, 115 lbs? Are you kidding me? She is what, 30 years old??? 115 lbs is great for a woman our height who is NOT busty and has a small frame with narrow hips, but for a woman with her build---not a chance. At her best, when she was Daisy Duke, she was probably still a solid 125lbs (she had amazing muscle definition too) but of course, the media has to make her sound MUCH smaller.

No wonder we have young women starving themselves to be a certain weight. It's disgusting.

I agree with this last line, 100%. As to the rest, I am 5'4" and I look fantastic at 140#"...I also think of 115#'s as "little girl" or "teen-age girl" weight not "womanly"... It all kills me, but as I've written ad nauseum, I was told I was fat at 110, 125, 135, 140 pounds...today I know that is not true, but I believed it back then.

Thanks,
    Pennie
  • laurenz2501
    laurenz2501 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

all i can do is applaud this. BRILLIANT!!! :drinker: