Replies

• gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Blue Pants, Pinstripe Stout, Huntsville, AL
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Chicago, IL - I will miss Goose Island when I'm gone. I can still find it in nice grocery stores outside the midwest once in a while, though. LOVE Green Line if I can find it on tap (several bars in my neighborhood, thank goodness), or 312 for an around the house bottled beer. Piece Pizza & Brewery is also right down the street - love Golden Arm. And pizza. lol

DC area - When I'm home I always make a stop to one of the Dogfish Head breweries. Mmmmm.

Montana - When I was out there, Harvest Moon Brewery's "Beltian Ale" (as in Belt, MT) grew on me. Kind of like a slightly more citrusy Blue Moon. Very refreshing in the summer.
  • dsmboy1991
    dsmboy1991 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Chicago, IL - I will miss Goose Island when I'm gone. I can still find it in nice grocery stores outside the midwest once in a while, though. LOVE Green Line if I can find it on tap (several bars in my neighborhood, thank goodness), or 312 for an around the house bottled beer. Piece Pizza & Brewery is also right down the street - love Golden Arm. And pizza. lol

DC area - When I'm home I always make a stop to one of the Dogfish Head breweries. Mmmmm.

Montana - When I was out there, Harvest Moon Brewery's "Beltian Ale" (as in Belt, MT) grew on me. Kind of like a slightly more citrusy Blue Moon. Very refreshing in the summer.

I LOVE 312 when I am in the Windy City
  • lukeevans85
    lukeevans85 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    What is the best microbrewery, or local, beer in your area? I don't care about national brands at all. If you're going to take on the calories you should, at least, enjoy it.

I don't agree at all that a national beer can't be enjoyed. However I will say as far as our local beers (Seattle) go...

Pike Brewery
    Mac & Jacks
    Red Hook
  • Ichristini
    Ichristini Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yum! Lots of great breweries listed! In StL Schlafly, Four Hands and Perennial are my favorites, but some of my favorites were listed!

Boulevard- 80 Acre the best
    Three Floyds- Zombie Dust! GumballHead
    New Galarus- Belgian Red
    Goose Island -Juliet
    Lagunitas- lil sumpin sumpin
    Founders- Reds Rye!

Did I mention I LOVE craft beer, part of how I gained so much weight! but now I know how to balance it better!

25851322.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

I LOVE 312 when I am in the Windy City

Love it! It's my perfect go-to!
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Innis & Gunn from Edinburgh (Scotland), check this out http://www.innisandgunn.com/en/Home.aspx

I was on the rum finish stuff at the weekend and its 7.4%!
  • tipusnr
    tipusnr Posts: 572
    Options
    leinenkugals :)
    yummy!!!!

I like Leinenkugels as well but they are now advertising national and are on a par with Samuel Adams for size.
  • tipusnr
    Options
    Yeungling!

They are now brewed by a major brewing company, just in smaller batches.
  • tipusnr
    Options
    Elevator, Four String and Barleys for me...Columbus OH does have some good brew!

Just had all of their darker stouts and ales during recent Short North tasting. Barley's not so much for me.
  • tipusnr
    Options
    Lagunitas

But I'm still partial to Anchor Steam, possibly one of the original microbrews.

Where's this made?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Camden Town Brewery, conveniently sold in a pub near work!
  • tipusnr
    Options
    Louisiana - Abita Amber Bock or the Pecan Harvest

up here in NY - Brooklyn Brewery of course- and DogFishHead IPA

I miss Dixie Beer - though its not a true microbrew!
  • tipusnr
    Options
    New Glarus - Spotted Cow... Can only buy it in Wisconsin!

I'm not much of a beer person but I'll drink Spotted Cow.

Just came through the brewery this summer and brought a couple assorted cases home to Central Ohio.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Marble! http://www.marblebeers.co.uk/ Though I have just sent a very enjoyable week in Cornwall trying their real ales too :drinker:
  • tipusnr
    Options
    The reason that I am asking about local microbrews rather than national brands is not to say they are better. I merely believe that the people who drink microbrews actually are a bit more discerning and pay attention to what they drink and why. The taste of major brands must, necessarily, be made more bland in order to hit the numbers they need for their style of marketing.

I find it incredible when I am in a bar or restaurant that has 20 or more beers available and a group of 12 or more people (a sports team, business associates, class mates, family, etc.) are all drinking exactly the same beer. Really? You all have the same taste in beer? More than likely, very few of them give half a crap about the taste....it's beer!
  • jenshoeee
    jenshoeee Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We have some insanely good local breweries in Michigan.

Bell's (Oberon), Founder's Brewing Co., Jolly Pumpkin are my favorite. There's soooo many good ones though. Arbor Brewing Co., Arcadia Brewing Company, Motor City Brewing Works, Grizzly Peaks Brewing Co. are also good.

You should check them all out.
  • DoingItForME724
    DoingItForME724 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Firestone Brewery-DBA is my fav!!! on the central coast of California, beautiful weather, great beer! But not for a while since Im cutting cals! sheesh!
  • crimson_seven
    Options
    Lonerider Brewing (Raleigh, NC). If you like dark beers, their Sweet Josie Brown is amazing.
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised I'm the first Coloradan here.
    My favorite local breweries are:

New Belgium
    Avery
    Boulder Beer
    Left Hand