:drinker: Bump!!!!!!
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ElectricMayhem
    ElectricMayhem Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    texted hubby to get brown sugar on his way home :bigsmile: was just wondering what i could cook with some frozen blueberries i have in the freezer..thanks!
  • girlnamedlee
    girlnamedlee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Looks awesome, I'll have to try this. Thanks!
  • jessical30
    jessical30 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump =) sounds awesome!!
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump thank you!
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • _CiaoParis
    Options
    thanks for sharing x
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    those things look seriously legit!!
  • nessaryan
    nessaryan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump trying with friends!
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Have you tried almond milk as a replacement? You could get even lower calories plus more protein - and for the eggs, do the egg beaters, I bet these could be under 100! I'm gonna try it, I love blueberry muffins!
    Mmm I bet Coconut Milk would be yummy, I think I'll keep the eggs as I like the real thing but will probably switch up the flour and the sweeter ...

So sweet of you to share your recipe with us... Your recipe sounds yummy, don't take offense at my swapping things around, I do it all the time! :laugh: :flowerforyou: I call it customizing!:tongue:
    Actually 151 calories. Still pretty good - I will be making these.
    That's not bad, plus one can make the mini ones if you prefer.
    Have you tried almond milk as a replacement? You could get even lower calories plus more protein - and for the eggs, do the egg beaters, I bet these could be under 100! I'm gonna try it, I love blueberry muffins!
    Almond milk has almost no protein. And in this recipe it doesn't really matter anyways - it's like a 2 calorie difference per muffin.

1c unsweetened almond milk = 30 cals, 1g protein (1/4c = 7.5 cals, 0.25g protein divided among 10 muffins)
    1c skim milk = 90 cals, 8g protein (1/4c = 22.5 cals, 2g protein divided among 10 muffins)

Ok - I'll give it to you on the protein - but as for the eggs -if you substitute two large eggs which is the general for cooking you still get an even higher reduction. Every little bit can count.

Egg beaters for eggs is also slightly lower on the protein count (12g in 2 eggs versus 10g in 1/2c egg beaters) and about a 9 calorie difference per muffin.

I love regular eggs and have never gotten into the egg beaters, this is pretty much why:

WHOLE Egg vs. Egg Beaters (EB)

Ingredients in an egg: eggdancegirl2.gif

Ingredients in egg beaters:306.gif

Egg Whites, Less than 1%: Natural Flavor, Color (Includes Beta Carotene), Spices, Salt, Onion Powder, Vegetable Gums (Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum), Maltodextrin. Vitamins and Minerals: Calcium Sulfate, Iron (Ferric Phosphate), Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol Acetate), Zinc Sulfate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B1 (Thiamine Mononitrate), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin D3297.gif

No offense to anyone that enjoys them but such a long ingredient list for a "EGG".:ohwell:
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bummmmp!
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    bumpin
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy! I wanna try with splenda instead to cut the calories even further!
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Yum!! Thanks for posting.