Weighing yourself on the scale...

Options
Just wondering about a few things...

How often do you all weigh yourself?

What time of day do you prefer to step on the scale? Do you think morning vs. night gives you a more true reading?

Do you skip scales altogether and take measurements instead?

I'm trying to set up a regular weigh-in schedule for myself and was just looking for insight as to how all of you do it. I have not purchased one yet, so if any of you have recommendations of an affordable one that weighs accurately, feel free to share! Thanks everybody :wink:

Replies

• thenebean9
    Options
    I like to weigh myself first thing in the morning, once a week. If you weigh yourself too often, you won't see any results of your dieting and exercise. If you can go two weeks, i'd recommend it! but once a week should be good. Pick a day and make it your weigh in day :)

good luck to you! :)
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i personally weigh myself once a week in the morning when i get to the Y any more and i would drive myself crazy - i use the scale in the changing room at the Y- we don't keep a scale at home - i would be on it everyday then
  • kelley1006
    kelley1006 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself once a week. On fridays. I used to weigh everyday but was driving myself crazy!!!! I have a curves digital scale that i just love!!!!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU on your journey:flowerforyou:
  • haileyco
    Options
    I don't own a scale either. I work at a Dr's office so I weigh in once a week, first thing Monday morning. That works well for me!
  • snowangel1975
    Options
    I weight myself once a month. I find if I see a larger weight loss number I won't be discouraged easily. Most people do it once a week, but each to there own. Good Luck and Happy Weight Loss! :wink:
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I weigh my self every day. I can't help it. It keeps me in check.
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    Everyday, in the morning, before breakfast :flowerforyou:
  • ambrown988
    Options
    I weigh myself about twice a week just to make sure I am keeping on track. Always in the morning right before breakfast. If I do eat something not on the diet, I weigh just to make sure that I keep everything in check afterwards. I actually enjoy the little losses because it makes me feel like I am accomplishing something.
  • afyfe
    afyfe Posts: 93
    Options
    Every Friday morning, first thing after I go to the bathroom.
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Everyday, in the morning before breakfast. That way I get used to the fluctuations and don't freak out if the scale is up for a day or two as long as it's trending down. Once a week would freak me out because if I had extra water weight on that one day it would discourage me.
    K.
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thank you everybody for sharing your weigh-in routines with me, this helps me so much! :flowerforyou: