Do you eat all your daily calories?

Options
I have been reading through some topics on here and while I notice that I myself and some of my friends are finishing our days with calories to spare, I have read other people's comments where they say we should eat all our calories including exercise ones. I am confused, should I be eating all my calories or is it good to have some left at the end of the day?

Replies

• kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fonitoni
    fonitoni Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    yes
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I never eat all my calories unless they are days where I take a break. I burn about 500-700 calories a day so I should be eating a lot more than I am but honestly, I space my meals out and I just don't get hungry after about 1200-1300 calories a day so I quit eating. I think its more of a preference thing than anything else. The simple rule of - calories in vs calories burned :)
  • Navy4571
    Navy4571 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I generally am under espicially when I work out. I generally do not have time to work out but this last month I have had ample time because I lost a job. I am not under by a whole lot when I dont work out, but this past month, I have been under by at least a few hundred just because of not adjusting my diet to the new exercise. I actually havent even been hungry lately and have had trouble reaching even 1200 calories recently and almost have to force myself to eat to get at least 1200.

I do drink a lot of water and snack on grapefruit throughout the day.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    most days I am under because the amount of cardio I do requires me to eat almost double my actual calorie amount.

on days where I come close, I always leave a little bit of wiggle room in case my measurements of food were off that day or something lol
  • nategr
    Options
    It's my understanding that the calorie amount it creates for you when you first put all your information in is what you should generally try to eat daily to get to your goal weight. Never a bad thing to be a little under that limit though because I think the daily calorie deficit can be a little more than what myfitnesspal recommends as long as you are doing resistance training or muscle building exercises as well, not only cardio. Don't want to lose too much muscle mass just to weigh less on the scale.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I eat my allotted calories and most of my exercise calories. Most of the time.