Would like to talk to people that are more motivated.

Options
I've tried to join a few of the groups on here but I feel like I keep encoutering the same things.
Unmotivated people who make excuses.
I'm at a point where I am very serious and strict. I don't have the energy to make people feel better about their poor decision.... To me it's become as simple as JUST DON'T EAT IT! If I eat something bad I expect to have to work out harder not wonder why the scale didn't move... Come on folks.
I would love to talk with some like minded people. Maybe get some ideas from others about some new cardio plans so I don't get bored, a great recipe to share etc.

I know how I may come across to some of you but I'm in this with everthing I've got and I do not have the energy to lick wounds.

Put down the burger, stay away from the drive-thru and don't buy the damn chips!

Replies

• NutritionRF
    NutritionRF Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Finally someone who thinks the same as me!

I have really got into alternating between the gym and billy blanks tae bo, its amazing for toning up all muscles in your belly and back!

I have recently turned into a gym junkie!

What type of excersise are your doing?
  • Solko1983
    Solko1983 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I use the gym for the machines but I prefer to run outside.
    I run 3 or 4 days a week. I get out and hike when I can, usually once a week and I bought a bike today which I'm pretty stoked about. I was thinking about the tae bo..... Hadn't heard much feedback from it.
  • jaycee76
    jaycee76 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have to say that it is great that you are really motivated as am I and lots of others on here.
    I also have to say that everyone has bad days and slip ups and that does not make them unmotivated!
    You would not be on here yourself if you JUST STAYED AWAY from the bad foods in the first place!
    Everyone here wants lose weight or get healthy. Just because people choose to support them when they have a slip up does not mean they are being negative, simply they are trying to boost them again.
  • rachefc
    Options
    I'm in a very motivated place right now and in the last 3 weeks I've lost 9 and a half pounds after joining this website. I think the great thing about this website is it forces you to write down and look at what you are eating!! My mum has also been trying to diet and has spent the last few weeks being a little unmotivated but I introduces her to this site on Monday and now I think she's using it like me - eat your basic foods out of your daily allowance, then if you want extras - exercise for them!! On Monday night after her dinner she was 22 calories over so she went for a brisk walk then had extras for a cup of warm milk.

I think the most important thing is figuring out what is best for you because everyone is different. I am a bit of a chocoholic so I always save some calories for the end of the day to get my chocolate fill.

One tip I have picked up this week is going to make my tea much nicer tonight:

When I looked up dried pasta I was shocked by the tiny amount of pasta that you could have for 349 calories but then I looked at fresh pasta and although you can't compare weight for weight (the dry stuff swells up a lot more than fresh) where I could eat 400-450 calories of dry pasta it was only about 200 which gave me my fill of fresh pasta.
  • Solko1983
    Options
    That's right but I also didn't look for people to tell me it was okay that I was eating crap and I sure didn't wonder why I was getting fat or why my 30 minute walk didn't help when I ate a big mac for lunch with a large order of fries and a diet coke lol.
    Not looking for a lecture and noone HAS to reply to the post but I expected some people to voice their opinions on my attitude, so it is what it is.
  • Solko1983
    Options
    I hear you on that. Logging things really lets me see and be aware of what I let pass my lips. I recently started working on my carb intake. I find that to be my challenge and though I would stay in my range I find that I'd rather use the carbs on a few pieces of fruit throughout the day rather than eating one meal with "empty" carbs. I tried the atkins diet and wasn't a fan at all but I know others that have had great success with it. I just try to keep my body guessing to avoid the plateaus.
    Have you tried any of the diet aide teas? I'm kind of curious about them, I believe the purpose is to help with digestion but I don't know if they're any more helpful than a cup of green tea which is said to do just the same.

Congrats on motivating your mom! That's awesome and it's always a lot more fun when you're in it with someone and can share your success and trouble shoot.
  • blonide
    Options
    Are you close to the water? do you have a set WO routine or just play it by ear daily?
  • jaycee76
    Options

Not looking for a lecture and noone HAS to reply to the post but I expected some people to voice their opinions on my attitude, so it is what it is.

Sorry you felt I was giving you a lecture!
    It was merely an opinion in general and not on you personally. I am exactly like you and think in the same way but I think from looking around at this site and many other sites that it is not so easy for some people. But everyone is different and surely if we have so much motivation then it does not hurt to spead it a little. By telling someone who is well aware they should not have eaten something that they have, is not going to help them get back on track. However by saying chalk it up to experience and get back on the wagon or its ok but you now need to do a huge workout to burn it off, is going to more helpful to them surely?
    For some people it is like being an alcholic but with food! People come here for the support not to be made to feel that they are not worthy.

As you expected people to voice opinions then I guess I have balanced out for you! lol

Good Luck
  • jaycee76
    Options
    Have you tried any of the diet aide teas? I'm kind of curious about them, I believe the purpose is to help with digestion but I don't know if they're any more helpful than a cup of green tea which is said to do just the same.

I take Fei Yan tea. I don't know whether it actually does anything good as far as dieting is concerned but I have the worst bowels and these really keep me regular!
  • Solko1983
    Options
    I live in San Diego so I'm pretty close to the water lol. I haven't really ventured into the ocean yet. I play it by ear and by mood as to what I choose to do each day. I mostly run because I find it to be a great stress reliever and I have a set course so I can track the improvement on my time but I now get to incorporate biking which I'm looking forward to. I like that I can cover a greater distance and therefor have more things to look at to stimulate me. The treadmill feels like torture to me, I find myself staring at the time on the screen so I only resort to that when the weather doesn't agree.
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I run 3 or 4 days a week. I get out and hike when I can, usually once a week and I bought a bike today which I'm pretty stoked about. I was thinking about the tae bo..... Hadn't heard much feedback from it.

Do you use "Map My Run"? I use it with my iphone, but you can use it on a webpage. The advantage of the iphone is that you're carrying around a GPS, so it can map exactly where you went. At any moment it tells you your current speed and average speed. At the end it tells you average speed / pace, distance, start time, end time, duration, map (with elevation). Then you can save it privately or publicly.

Its excellent for finding new routs because you get to know distances really well, and you start looking for new ways to go further or faster.

If you don't have an iphone get one - or else just use the webpage. You just tell it where you went, when you started and when you finished. It will give you distance and average speed, but I don't think it can do elevation or (obviously) current speed.

Its the second most awesome thing for running after a pair of good shoes ;)
  • Solko1983
    Options
    Okay... Now that kicks *kitten*! I don't have an i-phone but I will for sure be using that site in the morning and I'm sure I'm not that only one that will appreciate that info.

Thanks a bunch!
  • MEVANS0116
    Options
    I am new to the site and use to be a gym junkie before the new job location, getting back in and started nutrition class and it helped me to see where i was packing in the junk...trying to get back to the three miles. i don;t run outside, but I guess it's time to kick it up a notch!
    I got to get this core back it's making me sit bent over at my desk, help with any exercises if you have any would be appreciated.
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    Options

Do you use "Map My Run"? I use it with my iphone, but you can use it on a webpage. The advantage of the iphone is that you're carrying around a GPS, so it can map exactly where you went. At any moment it tells you your current speed and average speed. At the end it tells you average speed / pace, distance, start time, end time, duration, map (with elevation). Then you can save it privately or publicly.

Its excellent for finding new routs because you get to know distances really well, and you start looking for new ways to go further or faster.

If you don't have an iphone get one - or else just use the webpage. You just tell it where you went, when you started and when you finished. It will give you distance and average speed, but I don't think it can do elevation or (obviously) current speed.

Its the second most awesome thing for running after a pair of good shoes ;)

Thank you thank you thank you! That is awesome! Just a note...I went in to search for the app and it is called "mapmyfitness" in the app store.