Who's on 1,000 calorie-burning exercises daily? 7,000 wkly?

Options
I 'm trying really hard to do it-myself. I joined the 3500 calorie burn challenge--but really want to go 7,000. Yesterday I was able to get to 965. Tonight I was able only to do like 800. I can do 500 with the elliptical in the morning as a great head-start---it's kind of down hill from there. My thought was to workout 3 times a day. I can do a workout in the morning and and then again in the afternoon. The trouble is- in the evening--too tired to do that last workout .

Can you share a typical 1,000 calorie-burning day for you? Do you space them out? Do you take a day off once a week or are you putting in 7,000 cal-burning weekly?
Thanks!

Replies

• heroyalslimness
    heroyalslimness Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I 'm trying really hard to do it-myself. I joined the 3500 calorie burn challenge--but really want to go 7,000. Yesterday I was able to get to 965. Tonight I was able only to do like 800. I can do 500 with the elliptical in the morning as a great head-start---it's kind of down hill from there. My thought was to workout 3 times a day. I can do a workout in the morning and and then again in the afternoon. The trouble is- in the evening--too tired to do that last workout .

Can you share a typical 1,000 calorie-burning day for you? Do you space them out? Do you take a day off once a week or are you putting in 7,000 cal-burning weekly?
    Thanks!

I have no idea how much you're eating, but I think it would be wise to scale back your workouts, 3x a day/7 times a week is sort ridiculous unless you're training for something specific and even then it'd be a lot
  • _stephanie0
    _stephanie0 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how much you're eating, but I think it would be wise to scale back your workouts, 3x a day/7 times a week is sort ridiculous unless you're training for something specific and even then it'd be a lot

this.
    i workout 5x week but its crossfit so 45 min may be working on one lift while the actual workout is 10-20 min. i burn about 250-300 calories a class.

dont go extreme, it will backfire if anything....especially if you arent eating enough
  • heroyalslimness
    Options

About, 1100-1200 calories more or less

I have not worked out in a while--and now I'm seeing some results -- I thought maybe I was not doing --enough?

-my average- is about-500--700 calories a day. I was getting impatient--
    So it's not healthy to work out that much?
    it will backfire if anything....especially if you arent eating enough

I definitely don't want that to happen
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to burn off 1,000 calories or more and only eating 1,100-1,200 calories a day you are leaving next to nothing for your body to function. Either scale back on the workouts or UP your intake significantly. Be patient weight loss isn't supposed to happen quickly it's supposed to be slow and steady.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Diet is everything. If you are in a steep deficit, cut the activity a bit. No need to work out like crazy.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Why would you do something like this? Are you looking to burn out?

I burn probably around 1800 cals a WEEK, tops, from exercise and I'm in outstanding shape and body composition if I do say so myself. And I'm only saying so in case you think you HAVE to achieve some ridiculous burn to get results.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I second the why...

I work out a lot, but I am training for a half marathon, normally it's 2-3x per week maybe 40 minutes.

Plus, if you are working out that much, you need to EAT! 1100-1200 calories a day is not going to cut it. No wonder you are so tired in the evenings.
  • New_fitmama
    New_fitmama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's all about balance. You cannot starve your body and work out excessive amounts. You need to support your healthy exercise with the proper amount of eating.
  • heroyalslimness
    Options
    Thanks everyone---I have been overweight for so long---that now that a little weight has come off and I am finally seeing some results--I am feeling--like--I am not doing nearly enough. I had a friend who was about my size and she lost weight in 3 months and she said it was because --she "worked out like a fiend" .I'm thinking if no one is coming on to out line their, 1000 plan
    it's because I guess I'm not supposed to.

It's true--I am exhausted in the evenings--and the idea of scaling back actually makes me tear up...
    not sure what that's about---but thanks--will drop attempts at an evening workout
    Thanks for your input
  • embracingmycurves
    Options
    Totally agree with everyone else. You are exercising way too much. No one could keep that up for long. Sooner or later your going to burn out if you keep this up.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain the weight overnight, you aren't going to lose it overnight.

Everyone is different, and loses weight differently. You are doing just fine, just keep making good food choices, exercise, and you will see results.
  • blueandigo
    Options
    It's easy to be honest. I do an hour of weight work, then I do an hour of cardio. I usually average 1400 calories a day. So with my 5 days a week I burn 9000+ calories.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else here. While I admire your determination, I think you should scale back your plan. It's just too much work to keep up for any length of time. Slow and steady wins the race. One thing to remember is that the calorie burns are affected by body weight, so trying to keep up with some the people in your feed is futile. 300-500 is a perfectly fine workout result.

Also, make sure you are eating the proper amount of food. Too little is just as detrimental as too much.
  • LordBear
    LordBear Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    i do at least an hr or more daily except when sick or giving myself some recovery time. not hard to get 1000 cals..
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I was burning 1000 plus cals 5 days a week it's stupid and pointless.
  • vanillarama
    vanillarama Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You mention the idea of scaling back makes you start to tear up- I think that's a HUGE sign you're over-doing it.

I tried this a long time ago. The more I learned about my body, the less I could justify it. I also started to feel worse and worse without any physical gains except the numbers coming down- but what good is it if you're exhausted, in pain, and your body and mind are begging you to stop?

I'm sitting here nursing an injury and I'm so frustrated, trying to find anything that tells me I can go belt out a bunch of lifts and my PT friends tweeting (not to me, but in general) "GO HARD OR GO HOME" and other random stuff- but I have to listen to my body. I should have started far longer ago. (Sorry, I know this is about you, but I needed to type this out to convince myself!)

Best of luck to you!
  • vanillarama
    vanillarama Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i do at least an hr or more daily except when sick or giving myself some recovery time. not hard to get 1000 cals..

Ok, but I think that might also have to do with your size at this point. Other people might have to work much harder, in an unhealthy way to burn that much.
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'm an exercise junkie and even I balked a little bit! You have to think of weight loss as a lifestyle change - something long-term. Slow and steady definitely wins the race. Sure, you can eat too little and work out like a fiend and drop the weight quickly, but when you're burnt out, exhausted and craving sugar you're more likely to pile the weight back on. 1000 burns aren't sustainable - and you've got to think long-term.
  • mariagabriella
    mariagabriella Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Why would you do something like this? Are you looking to burn out?

this...

I almost burnt out only doing 3500+ a week! I plateaued as well.

you don't need to burn 7000 if you only have 42lbs to lose. if you don't feel like you're doing enough, make your workouts really intense and workout for a shorter time.