What do you guys do for lunch?

Options
2»

Replies

• johloz
    johloz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Like you, I have a hard time actually preparing and packing a lunch every day. I have recently found Amy's frozen entree's, which are all vegetarian, all organic, and all non-GMO. They are usually between 300-400 calories each, and much healthier and more filling than a Lean Cuisine. I heat one of those up in the microwave at work almost every day, and except for the sodium being a little high, I have a healthy, easy lunch. The only issue is that they cost between $3 - $4 each, but I figure that's no more than I would spend if I bought my lunch at the cafe every day.
  • Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Brown bread with Olive Spread and Peanut Butter

25 grams of Cashews
    25 grams of Almonds

Carbs - 49 Fat - 36 Protein - 19 Fiber - 10 Calories - 577
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    U're right, but taking lunch everyday is just so much extra work. Right now my target is to cook enough to have dinner at home everyday. Lean cuisine as a backup sometimes is a good idea though. Thanks!

On sunday night, I do a massive cook up for all my lunches and dinners for the week ahead. It's really not hard.
  • Topher1978
    Topher1978 Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Right now I am doing a slice of extra sharp cheddar or Irish cheese, a turkey and cheddar link (or 2) which I sometimes wrap in a corn tortilla, and a pint of non-fat milk. I may change this as I want to start adding miso to my daily food intake… maybe as a drink to replace the milk… Anyone try that? Miso as a drink, I mean? I am really becoming sold on consumption of live cultures!
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Have a word with someone that works in the cafe. I'm sure they'll be happy to do you an egg salad without mayo or steer you towards the healthier options if they know that's what you want.
  • stphnstevey
    Options
    Take your own meals, only way ensure within your limits

My meals = meat + veg (+fruit seperately) eg chicken breast and mixed veg, fish and carrots etc you get the idea - protein fills you up

Also you can have 5-6 small meals a day at your desk because its with you all day
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I usually bring salads in which I incorporate any leftovers from dinner.
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I usually pack my lunches the night before or bring stuff for a few days to eat and leave it here since I am in a dispatch center (a home away from home). I keep some soups in my locker for those days I just don't feel what I brought or I forgot. I have also found that protein shakes and an apple have been a great lunch for me.
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    U're right, but taking lunch everyday is just so much extra work. Right now my target is to cook enough to have dinner at home everyday. Lean cuisine as a backup sometimes is a good idea though. Thanks!

If it was easy then everyone would be doing it