30 Day Shred starting OCT 1st!

Options
I have my DVD and just bought my 5lb weights. I am so excited to start 30DS soon! I have needed to start some kind of strength training since I have only been doing cardio like running/walking and elliptical to lose weight, but now I am very soft and flabby. I need to get muscle tone and definition! I will post before/after pics and measurements as well. Anyone else want to start it Oct 1st with me?

Replies

• MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll go get the DVD this week and find my hand weights. I need to do something and what's better than group agony? :)
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Yay another 30DS'er! Can't wait to start.
  • MrsBailey149
    MrsBailey149 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am just finishing 30 Day shred tomorrow (didn't miss a day :) yay)....I dont' know my measurements until Thursday, but I KNOW I lost inches AND pounds.. Great program but requires dedication! You may want to consider getting some lighter weights. I had 2lb, 3lb, 5lb, 8lb, and 10lb weights and used all of them within different moves. October 1st I'm doing Ripped in 30!
  • TiffanyyNicole
    Options
    I thought it was a little more difficult with 5lb weights. 3lbs was much better. next time I do 30DS I'll be using 5lbs though
  • dvelasco69
    Options
    I absolutely love 30 day shred. I have always noticed quick results when I am consistent. However, you will need 3, 5, & 8 lb weights. Some exercise are so hard that half way through i put down the 5 and go to 3.Other exercises you will def need 8. As you do each level you will begin to know by heart what weights are the best for you for each exercise. Best of luck! However, remember you cannot do that dvd every day. 3-4 days max. Your muscles will be so sore after each time. I either do pure cardio or just rest on off days. Hope this was helpful.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Okay...I'll give it a try. Although I'll probably start on the 2nd (I try to run on MWF). So I'd be doing it tuesdays and thursdays....
  • cdbarger
    cdbarger Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm in! We just moved to a new state and I need to get myself back in an exercise routine. I'm also trying to walk 100 miles in the month of October. This should be a good month for me! :)
  • bootyfulldisaster
    Options
    I was just googling reviews on this!! I am starting to get excited!!!
  • Bella_DiVine
    Bella_DiVine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Count me in! The dvd has been sitting on the shelf for weeks so this will make me do it :-)
  • jemimasmum
    jemimasmum Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I keep telling myself I'm going to do this...it'll be too dark next week for early morning run so I guess this is it.
    See you there!
  • trance79
    trance79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I bought this DVD recently too and havent played it yet.
  • linds816
    linds816 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'll start October 1st! :)
  • Mlee61894
    Options
    I'll start too :)!!
  • Bella_DiVine
    Bella_DiVine Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You should start a group so we can keep up with each others progress ;-)
  • PrincessKaiLi88
    Options
    I'm in!! Started it before but only made it to Level 1 Day 5. I need the motivation!!
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm in. I'm buying it tomorrow and will be doing it 3 days a week =)
  • ainsley23
    ainsley23 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Made it to level 2 day 4 last week then stopped and i'm so annoyed at myself, was seeing great results even at that stage.
  • butlera8
    butlera8 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'll be finishing ripped in 30 tomorrow.
  • maddiec1989
    maddiec1989 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
  • kellegg22
    kellegg22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am in! Just ordered it today, and it should be here by October 1st! So excited! :D