30 day Shed

Options
Has anyone tried the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels? If so, how do you rate it and do you do it every single day?

Replies

• dream_big
    dream_big Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 7 of level 1. It definitely works of you stick with it. You will be sore and you will sweat its a good workout. I don't do it every day but I'm also doing c25k right now too, I try to do it most days but with work and taking the kid to his sports there's not always enough hours in the day. It's worth trying!! Good luck!!!
  • bdenitto
    bdenitto Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I just did my first day. I called Jillian Michaels some not so nice names but I finished. I am a little sore but I plan on doing this each day for the next 30.
  • lauren0804
    Options
    Thank you for your feedback. I tried it a while ago but didn't do it every day like it says and I didn't see results. I don't think I was dedicated enough. I'm going to stick with it and do it every day. Hopefully see results. Please feel free to add me as a friend. Maybe we can cheer each other on. I plan on starting tomorrow :)
  • jwcomputergirl
    jwcomputergirl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 1 yesterday! It's tough, but great. I'm also doing C25K and I think 30DS will be a good balance to it.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I did it in August and I did it 6 days a week and took a rest on Sundays. I lost about 6lbs and lots of inches! I loved it. Now I'm doing Ripped in 30 a few times a week mixed with some of the P90X cardio workouts and ballet.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 3 for me. I said I wasn't going to do it everyday when I started, especially after the first day, but it gets alot easier as you go on! I am super sore today, but I feel motivated and I feel very accomplished afterward. I also try to walk my dog 2.5 miles a day along with it.
  • sprocket1978
    sprocket1978 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    just finished day 9, working out every day, those side lunges with arm raises are still killing me lol but im sticking through!! gets easier!
  • DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It's a great workout - it's hard, but it's doable if you stick to it. I have two more days left of level 3 then I'm done! I didn't do it every day, but aimed to do it at least 4 times a week with a cardio session or two in between, and 1 to 2 rest days. I lost a lot of centimeters, and toned up really well, but did not lose a lot of weight, I think mainly due to firming up
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I have 3 days left of level 3 and I'm done. I love it! I have lost about 10 lbs and lots of inches. I do it 6 days a week and rest on Sunday. I also walk on breaks and lunch when I am able to. I have recently started incorporating heavy lifting into the mix, but not enough to make a difference yet. I definitely sweat during the work outs. Good luck!
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    LOVE it! I am a runner and do this DVD on my off days. I love Level 1... it is very good for all abilities. Level 2 is harder than Level 3 (IMO)... I am obsessed with Level 3! I just ordered more of her DVDs because I love that they are quick... 30 minutes max. I highly recommend it!!!

AND order it from AMAZON... her DVDs are all under $10 there!
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My day one was yesterday! :D Awesome workout and definitely looking forward to level 2 and 3!! Really kicked my butt and I'm dedicated to doing it every day.

I'm also doing a small challenge for myself - It's in the forums also. Day one is 10 squats and each day after that you add another 5. Today's day three for me so I get to do 20 squats before my workout tonight :)

Cheers!
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I am about to do day 8 of lvl 1.. i was doing it every day but just felt too tired to put my best foot forwards so I changed it up to every other day and it is working much better for me. This is the 2nd time I have started it and doing it like this i will have a much greater chance of finishing it.
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Just done day 9 of level one here, waist is def trimmer and i can llift more and actually do some press ups! so getting stronger. I am going to have one day off a week as its hard on the joints and I do do other exercise. Def feels like an intense workout though!
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I love to hate that woman! I did it a few months ago and did it every single day for the 30 days (some days were hard, but I stuck with it!). Take your measurements beforehand because you will most likely not see a large drop on the scale since you are converting fat to muscle. I only lost a few pounds, but I lost about 8 inches!

Keep at it, you'll be so happy you did!
  • lauren0804
    Options
    I did it in August and I did it 6 days a week and took a rest on Sundays. I lost about 6lbs and lots of inches! I loved it. Now I'm doing Ripped in 30 a few times a week mixed with some of the P90X cardio workouts and ballet.

That's a good idea to take a day off. I feel like you have too and you still saw results :) Did you do any cardio in addition to the Shred?
  • lauren0804
    Options
    My day one was yesterday! :D Awesome workout and definitely looking forward to level 2 and 3!! Really kicked my butt and I'm dedicated to doing it every day.

I'm also doing a small challenge for myself - It's in the forums also. Day one is 10 squats and each day after that you add another 5. Today's day three for me so I get to do 20 squats before my workout tonight :)

Cheers!

I love challenges!
  • lauren0804
    Options
    I love to hate that woman! I did it a few months ago and did it every single day for the 30 days (some days were hard, but I stuck with it!). Take your measurements beforehand because you will most likely not see a large drop on the scale since you are converting fat to muscle. I only lost a few pounds, but I lost about 8 inches!

Keep at it, you'll be so happy you did!

You've lost a lot of weight :) What other tricks do you have to keep losing. since you didn't see much weight loss from Shred?
  • lauren0804
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input. I'm so excited and ready to get started! Hopefully I'll get some results after hearing all the inspiring results from all of you :)
  • MyPaperBleedsInk
    MyPaperBleedsInk Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 3.
    I'm choosing to do it every single day, because I know if I miss even one day I'll start to slack off.
    And coming from a person who doesn't exercise almost at all...... holy crap your arms and thighs and just basically your entire body will be sore.
  • sgcadola
    sgcadola Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your input. I'm so excited and ready to get started! Hopefully I'll get some results after hearing all the inspiring results from all of you :)

Just stick with it, and don't give up!!! Make sure to take a day of rest. I like to rest of Sundays. Sundays I'll clean house and take my dog for a nice long walk. That way it gives my body time to recoup and recover. I just completed day 7 of level 1. I feel amazing and have better energy levels. Good luck on your journey!!