New begginings

Options
Yesterday i posted a topic "why is it so hard for me to lose weight". I got a lot of comments and were all motivational. The one thing that stuck with me though was many comments that mentioned that, I shouldnt diet and it should be a lifestyle change. one biggest lesson i learnt was, "the thought that i can have a cupcake when i wanted to...". I have never looked at it like that, it has always been about punishment for me. I gained weight so i will punish myself until i lose it....

I went to tools to check my progress and i got so angry i deleted the entire thing (well i saved it on a word document 1st, just for the record :tongue: ). I realised that i have been on MFP for more that a year and the graph is now back at my starting weight. And i have been on more than 20 diets probably. So POINT 1: DIETS DONT WORK.

Last night i told myself i am starting afresh on the 1st of October, but after reading the comments from my previous post, there is no way that im going to continue living the way i live. There is no way that i can wait to change my life.

From today, from now I am starting afresh, I accept that it didnt take me 2 months to gain the extra 30kg (around 64lbs) and it wont take me 2 months to get rid of it. I will eat whatever I want but with health in mind and making sure i never go above my calorie goal

The funniest thing is i eat healthy, the normal 3 meals but i binge a whole lot. I binge, gosh i binge.... So my 1st challenge is simply eat my normal healthy 3 meals and a snack and try not to binge. It will take time for me to get used to not raiding the fridge and my daugthers lunch snacks......But im just gonna take baby steps.... Im really tired of working backwards now. Its really time to move forward.

Thank you so much for all your support.......Just a thought. If i joined mfp september 2011 and i lost a kilo or 2 pounds a month, i would be 12kg lighter today.........just a thought.

Replies

• bertoliniracing
    Options
    You can do it! I am starting with baby steps & looking at 10lbs at a time. Not gonna beat myself up if I have something not healthy just work out harder to burn the calories.
  • sophieclarev
    Options
    After reading your post one thing stood out to me which was your comment on not eating your daughters lunch snacks. After getting in better shape and losing 15kgs now one thing I've really noticed is that my whole family eats healthy except for some of the snacks.

I kept asking myself did I want my kids snacking on the terrible food I've been providing for them on a daily basis? A big NO there. I'm slowly phasing out the crap and keeping it as a treat which is exactly where it should be, NOT an everyday food. My kids do not have a weight problem but for me it's about wanting what is best for them and not just what they want and what tastes good. Lifestyle change for the whole family.