Ziploc omlet

Options

Replies

• deedeehawaii
    deedeehawaii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I think the statement means that there is a limit to how hot the microwave bags should get. The instructions (online) say to not use sauces, etc, in the bags. So if a food can "boil", not cook or harden, it should not be put in the microwave bag. Eggs would be OK because they would harden, not boil.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Aside from potential issue from boiling the plastic....

I can't help but think I I could make omlets and then freeze them, and cook them one at a time for quick breakfasts....

hmmmmmm
  • guamchar
    guamchar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I read this post earlier, and I decided on the spot that we would eat these for dinner. I've read alot of food posts, and many of them sound good. However, this is the first one that I've ever made from a "recipe" on here.

The omelets were so easy to cook. (I made a 3 egg omelet, so it took about 18 minutes to cook). They tasted like a regular omelet. The best part was that I don't have a large mess to clean up. Thanks for the idea:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • csrt80
    csrt80 Posts: 11
    Options
    Anytime I make an omlet I use just the egg whites. It cuts back on some of your calories and you don't miss them when you are adding veggies, pepper (no salt...not good for you....if you must have i perfer sea salt), salsa, low-fat cheese, mushrooms, little paprika for a little more color.

When I am having regular scambled eggs I have 1 whole egg & 2 egg whites. With 1 piece of dry whole grain toast. whole grain is better then whole wheat. it has more vitamins, fiber,etc..... in it for you.
  • kaytbognar
    Options
    bump
  • mikeandbrandie
    Options
    We camp in the summer time, and this will be great for camping too. No messy pans to clean up after.
  • christieb143102
    christieb143102 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bumpyyyyyy
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    COOL idea! I've gotta try this!!

Susan
  • xonophone
    xonophone Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bumping to try this weekend :)
  • tlgillespie
    tlgillespie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This sounds great. I will have to try it the weekend. Thanks so much for making life easier.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • bjcalling
    Options
    BUMPITY BUMP!
  • laurenashley923
    Options
    bump :)
  • mattysmom
    mattysmom Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Trying for breakfast on Sunday! So many flavor combos to try! So little mess!
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Made one of these this morning....AWESOME! I love it. It's so nice not to have to clean a horrible egg pan, those are the worst!
  • AFLABRAT04
    Options
    bump for later.....and Thanks!
  • Steebs3
    Steebs3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to try this!!!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • bksteve26
    bksteve26 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    This sound delicious! Good post! But one question...in the recipe given, you said exactly 13 minutes and then in parentheses you said we did 15...which one is it?
  • Kristen81
    Kristen81 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    bksteve26 - I did mine for 13 min. and it came out perfect. I don't think an extra two would kill it though.
  • cjm0014
    cjm0014 Posts: 118
    Options
    My boyfriend's room mate did this...(or tried!)

He nearly set the kitchen on fire. The stove was in flames, omelet ruined, bag had melted all its poisonous chemicals onto the new pot and ruined it, all with about 5 minutes of the beginning of his conquest.

Needless to say, I thought it was HYSTERICAL, yet one of the dumbest things I had ever seen.

Also, I want to thank whoever wrote Ziploc to see that it was unsafe to boil, and for sharing their response thatt confirmed it, as I had knew this but really wanted proof to show his stubborn self! (and everyone else I care about that it is unsafe!)