Water wieght

Options
I am scared to drink the recomened daily amount of water. I do not want to gain water wieght. The only water I have comes from food when I drink hot tea in the morning and afternoon. I know that drinking water is healthy, but i dont want to retain the water, what should I do?
:ohwell:

Replies

• lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Um...drink the water.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It is actually the opposite, a little counter intuitive, drinking water stops your body from retaining water, which is the cause of water weight. Your body if it does not get the amount of water it needs will store the water that is in there and if you only add a little it will store that too. When you increase your intake by a large margin your body realizes that it is getting enough through consumption and therefore will not hold on to what it has already as there is no need too.
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I actually feel at my slimmest when I am really good about drinking lots of water. When I'm coming up to a weigh in or an event, I drink tons of water and feel like it flushes me and keeps me from snacking too much.

Water is the #1 tool to my diet, I would have to say.! #2 is the bikini hanging from my closet door :laugh:
  • ks2001
    ks2001 Posts: 40
    Options
    Remember too that when you drink a lot you pee a lot--you can flush things through your system and be better off for it. I think it pushes salts through as well, which will actually help you lose in the end. Please drink your water!
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Um...drink the water. There are so many processes in your body that don't happen without enough water. Don't worry about water weight. If you are doing everything right, the weight will come off. Please make sure you get enough water.

12 symptoms of chronic dehydration

Most people believed that the dehydration is not their problem. They believe, that with dehydration can faced travelers in the desert, when his water is finished.

However, there is a chronic form of dehydration, with no acute symptoms. Today, chronic dehydration is widely distributed and affects everyone who does not drink enough fluids.

Here is a list of twelve symptoms of dehydration. Read it and you’ll want to drink a glass of water right now. And then another. And another…

Exhaustion, lack of energy. Dehydration reduces tissue enzymatic activity.

Constipation. When the brome enters intestinal tract, it contains too much water, which prevents the form of stool. Therefore, the wall of the intestines sucks it. As a condition of chronic dehydration intestine takes too much water of stool in order to send it to other body organs.

Eating Disorders. Upon chronic dehydration reduces the allocation of digestive juices.

Low or high blood pressure. The blood volume is insufficient to fill all the arteries, veins and capillaries of the body.

Gastritis, gastric ulcer. In order to protect mucous membranes of the stomach from the destruction of gastrointestinal acid, the stomach should be lined with a mucous membrane.

Problems with the respiratory system. Mucous membranes of respiratory system should be slightly humidified in order to protect the respiratory system from harmful substances from the inhaled air.

Violation of the acid-alkaline balance. Dehydration slows down the formulation of enzymes and, consequently, causes oxidation of the body.

Extra weight and obesity. We overeat because we need water contained in food. Thirst is often confused with hunger.

Eczema. Your body requires sufficient moisture per day in order to allocate 600-700 ml of water. This amount is needed to dilute the toxins, skin irritants.

Cholesterol. When the cells are losing too much moisture, the body tries to stop this loss by producing more cholesterol.

Cystitis, infections of the urinary canal. If toxins in the urine is not sufficiently diluted with water, they begin to destroy the mucous membrane of urinary channel.

Rheumatism. Because dehydration increases the concentration of toxins in the blood and cellular fluid, the more toxins, the stronger the pain.
  • Brenna
    Brenna Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow... water gets a really bad rap when you pair it with weight!!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Water actually helps curb cravings as well. At least for me. If it's 10PM and I think I'm hungry, I drink a glass or two of water...I feel full and I go to bed without eating. Water goes through your system so fast, that you really need not worry about water weight.

Don't be stupid about this. Your not drinking water is making it harder for you to lose weight. And you're doing a major disservice to your body.
  • losemyrear
    Options
    rkascak, the more water you drink the more weight you will lose. the more you DON'T drink water the harder it is to lose. if you drink 8 ounces of water and go weight yourself your going to reflect a little gain. It's not permanent. That's why you should weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you use the bathroom for a accurate weight. I promise, the more you drink the faster your system will work, the quicker you'll lose weight, and everything works better... bowels, metabolism, brain function...etc... Our bodies are made of 90% water it makes sense to keep it plenty hydrated.
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    NOT drinking water is what causes you to retain it. Drinking water flushes out your system.
  • rkascak
    rkascak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    :happy: Wow, thanks, imma drink the water
  • donsch
    donsch Posts: 40
    Options
    I used to think I did not like water. When I had my "Ah Ha" moment and realized I had to lose weight I took it upon myself to start drinking water. I bought a 1 liter water bottle and refilled it time and time again. My personal goal was to drink three 1 liter bottles each day. I needed to drink more than 2 for 1/2 my weight in ounces so I set my goal as three.
    When I achieve my water intake goal consistantly for days I feel great!! I do have more energy, my skin is clearer, I feel like I look more radiant.
    It helped me take off 20 pounds in 2009.
    Give it a try-what is there to lose?? nothing but pounds!!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I am scared to drink the recomened daily amount of water. I do not want to gain water wieght. The only water I have comes from food when I drink hot tea in the morning and afternoon. I know that drinking water is healthy, but i dont want to retain the water, what should I do?
    :ohwell:

Why be afraid of water weight? It's the easiest to get rid of. If you're not in a contest, or trying to make wieght for a boxing/wrestling match I'm not sure why it's important.

Water is like the oil for an engine. Yes it's weight, but you're not going any where without it.