RAW COOKING??

Options
StephieF87
StephieF87 Posts: 60 Member
Hi all! I am sure there has been posts about this, AND HERE IS ANOTHER haha.. Just wondering if anyone has any awesome Raw cooking recipes..trying to get away from processed foods, so I went out and bought tons of different kinds of raw vegetables,chicken and fruit! Thanks!!

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    But if you cook them they become processsed
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am sure there has been posts about this, AND HERE IS ANOTHER haha.. Just wondering if anyone has any awesome Raw cooking recipes..trying to get away from processed foods, so I went out and bought tons of different kinds of raw vegetables,chicken and fruit! Thanks!!

do u mean more "clean" eating?
  • jamacattack
    jamacattack Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    But if you cook them they become processsed

This... AND, I don't recommend eating chicken raw.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Doesn't cooking the food defeat the purpose of being raw? That said, cooking some foods actually allows them to release nutrients you wouldn't otherwise get (tomatoes, for instance).
  • eilmeister
    Options
    Ehm, don't most recipes start with raw ingredients?

Buy a decent basic cookbook. That should get you started.
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you didn't mean "raw"...raw chicken not recommended. ;) Did you mean cooking starting with raw ingredients?
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you're wanting to stick to raw, there are a lot of recipes you can use, but they won't technically involve "cooking." However, if you really want to go all out, you could invest in a dehydrator! There are lots of good raw blogs full of uncooked recipes. (Here's one, for example: http://www.rawmazing.com/rawmazing-recipes/). I think eating raw is VERY beneficial to one's health, but I have never been able to stick to such a specific diet myself. Good luck!

. . . Of course, if you bought chicken, too, perhaps you just mean cooking WITH raw ingredients? If so, my VERY favorite blog with "skinny" recipes is skinnytaste.com. The recipes on there are simple, delicious, and the nutrition facts (calories, fat, etc.), are provided for you with each recipe.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    Lots of smart alecs in here! I think she just means recipes from scratch...not processed in boxes from the supermarket. Goodness.
  • Seriousmom3
    Options
    some foods you can "cook" by just adding juice. certain fish with lemon juice and the acid "cooks" it. other than that Im not familiar with it.
  • jenichenny
    jenichenny Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Maybe you mean more "whole" foods rather than "raw".
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Cooking can also mean preparing meals perhaps? Give her a break. She is trying to find healthy recipes, not criticism for poor wording.

Google for healthy eating websites: Vegan, vegetarian, low fat, raw, etc. You'll find lots of salad stuff in those. NO sin in lightly steaming, either!
  • BSummers321
    BSummers321 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    you need a raw food diet right? No cooking needed.

Lots of recipes on youtube, like this Zucchini Pasta with Marinara Sauce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLi5657CSos&feature=related

Not sure how filling it would be though.
  • kumitekg
    Options
    There are so many recipes you can find online. Many sites will let you search by ingredient, include only things like low calorie, low fat, low sodium, etc. to further include the paramaters that you are interested in when cooking your meals. I have no doubt that many people on here are aware of a ton of sites. I've found many simple delicous recipes on allrecipes.com myself.

(And yes, I assume she meant "whole" foods and not "raw" so that she can cook them from scratch and avoid a lot of the higher sodium, chemicals, etc. versus the kind you buy in a can or box...)

Good luck!
  • MinoSassbot
    Options
    It really just depends on what you like to eat. I buy green beans and hummus and just dip away because I like to snack. If you have a crock pot/slow cooker, it is your friend. You can basically just brown that chicken and throw it in there with all the veggies you bought and some of your fave spices before work, put that sucker on low, and when you come home, you have a delicious healthy meal. I also like to bake and stumbled on this awesome recipe: http://travisjessjones.blogspot.com/2012/03/banana-oatmeal-muffins.html
    I subbed 3/4c unsweetened applesauce and 1/4c natural peanut butter for the yogurt, added 1/4tsp salt and 1tsp vanilla extract. That is almost raw, there is baking soda & powder in that, so I don't know where that stands. But they were delicious, no one believes there is no sugar or flour. I also like to top them with "frosting" made out of natural peanut butter, natural cocoa powder and raw honey.
    Happy cooking!
  • StephieF87
    StephieF87 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    sorry "clean" eating...and no not eating raw chicken lol sorry for bad wording.. :embarassed: and thanks everyone for the websites and ideas I am looking now..
  • MinoSassbot
    Options
    oo, also I love this blog, great raw recipes: http://rawon10.blogspot.com/
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Carrot Ginger Soup

3 cups Carrot Juice
    1 ripe Avocado
    2 Tbsp. Agave Nectar
    1 Tbsp. Ginger, minced
    1/4 tsp. ground Cayenne Pepper
    1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
    1/2 cup Coconut Meat, optional

Puree the first seven ingredients in a blender until completely smooth. Taste and
    adjust the seasonings if necessary.

Servings: 2
    Calories: 274.5
    Total Fat: 13.7 g
    Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
    Sodium: 411.8 mg
    Total Carbs: 39.8 g
    Dietary Fiber: 10.6 g
    Protein: 3.3 g
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    sorry "clean" eating...

How do you define clean eating?
  • 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I think "raw" means just that......veggies and fruit that are chopped, sliced or shedded....Some veggies lose a lot of nutrients by being cooked....
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    sorry "clean" eating...

How do you define clean eating?

Clean = not dirty.

Duh.