is my meal for tommorow healthy ?

Options

Replies

• LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    So you're planning on eggs and fruit for breakfast, cereal for lunch, no dinner and a load of junky snacks?

I wouldn't say it's the best choice no.
  • Chrissiecurit
    Chrissiecurit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster... also, it doesn't appear that you are eating enough calories according to your daily goal.
  • shantellrae
    Options
    I would try subbing in "real" for your snacky foods. Instead of having 2 packages of fruit snacks, have an apple and an orange, or an apple with a little peanut butter. Instead of honey roasted peanuts, try raw almonds - you can have more per serving and almonds have more nutritional value and make you feel fuller.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    No. Sub fruits in place of those sugary snacks. You are eating a lot of sugar here with the snacks, cereal, PNB and granola bar.
  • CantarellaMiyani
    CantarellaMiyani Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would get a vegetable in there. Seriously, one serving of any vegetable. Not a veggie burger or spinach dip, and beans don't count. Some good fat - put a couple of slices of avocado on your egg, it's delicious.

You were given some great advice in your previous threads. Eat more. Eat better. If you continue at this level, your body will compensate for not getting enough calories by slowing your metabolism, and your weight loss will slow even more. You want to do this right, don't you?
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    :huh: That looks pretty awful. Breakfast is fine, but what about some meals during the rest of the day? Fruit, veggies, beans, quality dairy, whole grains, lean meat, nuts that aren't covered in sugar..
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    There are literally no vegetables (veggie burger doesn't count). Or fruits...

& no dinner...

substitute the veggie patty for real veggies
    ditch the fake American cheese
    have only 1 serving of that cereal and add some sliced fruit to it, or some on the side
    add DINNER: protein + vegetable
    for snacks, have some veggies + hummus or something instead of sugary granola bars
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You should add "Sugar" to the nutrients that you track - you'd be surprised how high this is.

I agree with others - fresh vegetables and fruits are needed here.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Breakfast looks good but otherwise, no. Get some fruit, veggies and protein in.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Breakfast looks ok. Maybe try adding in some fruit and lean protein to lunch. (like plain greek yogurt and blueberries). You need some dinner. Think lean meat and steamed veggies.

You may also try turning on your sodium option. I suspect that you are way, way over on sodium for the day. This will make you retain water like mad.
  • jessc4343
    jessc4343 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My 8 year old son would punch babies for a meal schedule like that.
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Have egg whites instead of the whole egg. More fruits and veggies.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I would replace the milk with unsweet almond milk - which will net you back about 80 calories and give you room for a very tasty salad for dinner...if you eat dinner...perhaps your schedule is such that you only have time for 2 meals...
  • samlankford
    Options
    agree with other posters...
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    outside of the eggs, no, eat real food.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Get some real fruits, real vegetables and some healthier whole grains into your meals and try to eat all of your meals for the day...
    Get away from preprocessed foods that are high in sodium and low in phytochemicals and essential nutrients.
  • yvette2lose
    yvette2lose Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok, where is the food? That doesn't look like enough to me, I know I would be starving by the end of the day. I agree with everyone else, you're breakfast looks ok, but you need to trade "fruit flavored" snacks with actual fruit, so that you get more out of your calories. Kill the veggie patty and put actual vegetables in your eggs...like an omelet with spinach, bell peppers and mushrooms. you'll get more for less that way. Good luck! :)
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'd have the eggs and cheese for breakfast but maybe throw in some veggies (like peppers, onions, tomatoes). I'd have the veggie burger for dinner with some steamed (or grilled) veggies. Lunch would be protein (tuna or lean meat or beans) with some veggies or fruit. I don't mind some "junky" snacks, but I'd try to get in some fruit or yogurt or something in there and eat less of the junk.
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You must know the answer to that question!

You must also be hungry...and broke from buying all those pre packaged snack bars!
  • Bevkus
    Bevkus Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Are you serious?