1 Year on Weight Watchers :)

Options
2»

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know it definitely took hard work to accomplish your goals.

Can you tell us what WW did for you that was worth paying for, in light of MFP's being FREE, I cannot wrap my head around it.

Points=hard, calories=printed on every product.
  • Tanimom
    Tanimom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I, too, lost considerable weight on WW. It's a sane, healthy approach to weight loss. I think people have to do whatever works for them. I personally appreciate using what I learned in WW along with what I'm learning on MFP. And the support from both is priceless in this journey.
  • allison_ortiz
    allison_ortiz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I know it definitely took hard work to accomplish your goals.

Can you tell us what WW did for you that was worth paying for, in light of MFP's being FREE, I cannot wrap my head around it.

Points=hard, calories=printed on every product.

well for the first 9 months I used WW's and I only used the online system so it is only $19/month and worth every penny. Just because something is free doesn't make it better, Im not saying I don't like MFP, I just found out about MFP back in May and I've been using both since June to compare tracking calories vs. points, and believe it or not points are on a lot of products these days...you'd be surprised. The tracking is almost the same, ww's uses graphs vs. tickers and wall posts. The points plus system is set up to tailor to each individual person: their age, gender, weight to determine their daily total and that decreases as you lose. You also get extra weekly points to use as well, and extra activity points as earned for being physically active. On MFP you can update your weight randomly vs. WW's you track once weekly on the same day for more consistency. I've yet to explore all that MFP has to offer, but on WW's there are member created recipes, program recipes, and personal recipes. Trackers for weight, measurements, daily food diaries, activity tracker, weekly progress reports for daily intake and physical activity (graphs).

Quite honestly, I think every system has its own qualities and it really depends on the person and what works for them as an individual. In the beginning I was using a different system like MFP called spark people and it wasn't working for me, that is why I switched to WW's. So far I have been impressed with MFP, but I will be keeping my WW's membership; and besides its my money to spend if I feel it's worth it, and since I can personally say it helped me to lose 143 pounds, I'd say it's working :)
  • You are such an inspiration! Thanks for sharing and congratulations on your success!
  • twinkychops
    twinkychops Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    That was fabulous to read and sweety you look gorgeous!!! You seriously are an inspiration!
  • AleksD3
    AleksD3 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm doing WW and this is very inspirational to me. It seems to work better for me than calorie counting does but i still love this site for support and keeping an eye on macros.
  • Tanimom
    Tanimom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm also an Oregonian (Portland), in the medical field (RN), and have lost weight on Weight Watchers, a program I strongly advocate for weight loss, along with MFP. I was moved to tears by your post. I think anyone who has had a great deal of weight to lose and has had some success can relate to your story. I would be proud to call you "friend", if you're interested.
  • allison_ortiz
    allison_ortiz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm also an Oregonian (Portland), in the medical field (RN), and have lost weight on Weight Watchers, a program I strongly advocate for weight loss, along with MFP. I was moved to tears by your post. I think anyone who has had a great deal of weight to lose and has had some success can relate to your story. I would be proud to call you "friend", if you're interested.

This is so amazing (I sent you a friend request) :wink: I am also in the medical field, I am a Cert. Medical Assistant and I work at a FQHC, which means I get to work with the under privileged part of the community. I am a patient care coordinator for pediatrics and I get to do a lot of our patient education follow ups for obesity. We are piloting a program called the healthy living initiative, but in short term we work as a team (provider, nutritionist/dietician, BHC) to educate overweight teens with comorbidities about diet and nutrition and starting healthier lifestyle habits. It is so motivating to get to go to work every day and teach others the things I have used and learned along my journey, and hopefully reverse the weight gain at an early age so they will never have to struggle as adults with chronic longterm illnesses.

The great part about losing this weight is that is makes me a better mother and community member, and now I get to pay it forward :flowerforyou:

p.s. I do tell people about weight watchers, but it does cost money and not everyone can afford to do it, so I also tell them about MFP, which is a great option for our patients! :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!