Weird things nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I agree, all those bones your body that you see and feel now :)

Also, I went down a shoe size.

ETA:

Have to agree with another poster about the boobs being saggy sacks.
    Also, I can feel the definition of muscle now, especially in my legs, like I can feel where it starts and stops.. Does that make sense? haha
  • sixrings
    sixrings Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I would get cold when before I never did.

I lost 50 pounds and got to my goal rather quickly (great to be guy--I know it is harder for women) and I felt like a deflated balloon in my skin. Luckily in a few months it corrected itself.
  • RedBullLiz
    RedBullLiz Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    The rib thing is the same with me. One of my side ribs show more than my other side. I kinda like it but since I like to have everything parallel, I get super paranoid.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that when I lay on my side my hip bone sticks out more and when I lay on my back my ribs now poke out. I still have about 20 lbs to lose though. My engagement ring is also a bit loose, but not so loose it's falling off. I rarely wear it anyways as I'm used to not being able to wear them due to working in a Deli. I figure once I get to the weight I want to stay at I will resize it.
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My feet are getting smaller too! Which I'm excited about because I have over 300 pairs of shoes and now I have a reason to get rid of some of them. Though I will be completely heart broken when its time to give away my $125 dollar bright red cowboy boots. And I had to stop wearing rings all together because I got sick of them sliding off.
  • StaycJulia
    Options
    Right there with you. Always thought my face held up well despite my weight, until I lost the weight. :ohwell:
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    One of the first things I noticed was my forehead had less cushion.
  • sitinthehall
    Options
    This is actually true, but I've read it's 1" for every 35lbs. The pubic fat patch above a mans, man-hood shrinks as weight is lost. Extra motivation for those big men! haha
    Weirdest thing I ever heard obout losing weight: guys gain a half inch of "useable length" for every 20 pounds they lose. Of course I know this is total BS. Still funny that someone actually thought that up. :bigsmile:
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I had to start playing soccer so chicks would stop hitting on me.

How does playing soccer make chicks not hit on you? If anything, I would think they would hit on you more because now you are an athlete/jock...

The presumption of sexual orientation of soccer players in America...

Yeah because David Beckham sure struggles to get female attention sice joining MLS!

Ah yes! David Beckham - he's my favorite American. Born in Omaha, yes?

Nice try at smart *kitten* sarcasm

You said "soccer players in America"

He is a soccer player in America

If you meant 'American soccer player" then you should have said erm "American soccer player" rather than "Soccer player in America"
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Right? And paint your own toenails! Yay!
  • cbusenhart
    Options
    Cold...all the stinkin' time (I certainly don't miss my "pit stains" from my heavy days)
    Shoes flop around on my feet...I've actually walked out of a pair of shoes several times
    Have replaced my wedding ring with a $9.99 knockoff from the department store
    Boobies are gone...have gone down significantly in size, but I'm okay with my little girls
    Tailbone is ridiculously sore
    My ribs scared me the other day when resting my hand on my chest...til I figured out they were ribs
    Libido increased

Down 79 lbs in 10 months...I feel AMAZING!
  • sitinthehall
    Options
    The shoe thing totally makes sense! My shoes keep coming untied and I just thought the shoes were getting old! Wow... Good thing I'm a guy and don't really care about shoes.
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I love all of these answers, and I would LOVE to write a book of these if I got everyone's permission to do it! Here's mine:

After losing 125 pounds, I was pretty surprised at all of the changes in my body: rings that didn't fit; shoes that needed to be replaced; needing the drawstrings on shorts (never saw that one coming) and being able to wear a belt at regular notches. Even some of my HATS fit big, though this probably had something to do with losing my hair, which counts as weight, right?

I loved that I could use seatbelts on planes, fit into school desks, didn't have to worry about safety rails on amusement park rides.

But here is the weirdest of all: I was getting dressed for the day, and I was about to apply deodorant to my underarms when I had the most insane realization: I had ARMPITS! Literally, pits under my arms! Up until that time, I was so overweight that my pits were filled with fat, and looked flat. My brain STILL gets jarred every time I put on Degree and realize I have CAVES under my arms!!!
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I went from wearing a 9W shoe to a 9 again. I thought my shoes were just worn out at first!

I also can sort of feel my ribs again. I forgot I had one rib that stuck out further than the rest. I don't remember braking it but must have! When I was younger I had to sleep funny because of it. I'm thinking that's in my future again haha
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Right? And paint your own toenails! Yay!

Without being winded!? yes!
  • awake4777
    awake4777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    funny :tongue:
  • awake4777
    Options
    Tight clothing holds in the extra skin. I have a waist!:tongue:
  • awake4777
    Options