New to the site

Options
Well i started my journey with weight loss after i got to my all time high of 263lbs. I felt awful, i was diabetic on medication because of the weight gain and my blood pressure was high. My monthly stopped coming because of the gains and as much as i kept going to the doctor insisting there was something wrong they insisted i was wrong. I was eating the same as i always did and although i have always been bigger never that size. I put on 63lbs in just over a year. I eventually was put on a daily injection and pills for my blood sugars. I lost a little and i still went back into the Dr's insisting that there was something wrong. After some blood work that came back "off" they sent me for an MRI and sure enough I have a tumor that produces hormones as it pleases which causes my sugars to be high and blood pressure to be high. I knew there was something wrong. So they have decided that because it is small, 3cm it is not malignant and that the risk of removing it from my adrenal gland outweighs the risk of leaving it and being watchful.So here I am, down 40lbs sitting at 225ish, only being able to get to 222. Now, i am a nurse and i work a lot, i am sure i walk 10km per shift plus all the lifting, pulling etc.
Now i am off the blood sugar meds, my sugars are back to normal, my blood pressure is back to normal so i am working on losing the rest of the weight i gained and then some. I have not been to the gym but now that my work life is settled some that will be starting next week and I have a goal of going 2x a week. It may not be enough but it is a start!
I hope to network from others in my area (Fredericton, NB) or anyone who can lend an ear so to speak.

Replies