So today without actually meaning to...

Options
I chased a dude out of doing curls in the one and only power rack (no squat racks) at my gym. He had already done bench and incline bench while I was waiting, then he pulled out the bench and moved the attached bar from the back of the rack to the front. Already knowing what the answer really was, I asked him if he was done with the rack. He said no but we could share it somehow or some such. I asked him what he was gonna do. He said bicep curls and asked what I was gonna do. I said squats, but I'm not using the attached bar, I'm gonna grab that bar laying in the floor and use it. He was like I can curl over here and went to the preacher bench with EZ bar...

Cliffs:
Inadvertantly stopped dude from curling in power rack so I could squat.

Replies

• shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what any of that meant, but it sounded good, so kudos to you!
  • REMagness
    REMagness Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    "Unless you're curling 300lbs, get your *kitten* out of the rack!"

God Bless you in your efforts! Keep up the good work!
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options

this!!
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options

^^^this. My take-away was I really really need to learn something about lifting weights because that was a foreign language.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Metaphorically speaking dude ran a wanna be ferrari off the road who was going 55 in the fast lane...
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Lol stop being stuck on cardio ladies!! (No hate) Here to make it up to you I googled for you http://lmgtfy.com/?q=curls+in+the+squat+rack
  • azzkikin
    azzkikin Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Metaphorically speaking dude ran a wanna be ferrari off the road who was going 55 in the fast lane...

With a truck!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Thank you for doing God's work.

Carry on.
  • Determinednoob
    Options

Lol. I don't know the exact weight of the attached bar in the rack. My flying guess is 20-30 lbs and dude was flat benching with MAYBE 25 on each side after pyramiding up? I can't imagine what he woulda curled in there. And no I don't judge people for how heavy they lift. In this particular case though... Just sayin...
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options

With a truck!

Got it. Thanks!!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I yelled at a dude once for trying to start that, lol. I'm the nicest guy in the gym so everyone was surprised that I got pissed out of the blue.

But ya, if you are doing curls in the squat racket you better believe I'm going to come and ruin your fun.

/mfp hi5 for that.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Thankfully my gym is too small for people doing that kinda crap. Seriously! There are other gym user - stopping hogging equipment when you don't need to.
  • aligatorwww
    aligatorwww Posts: 48 Member
    Options
  • aligatorwww
    aligatorwww Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    thanks for making me chuckle today, i really needed it
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Good job!

Educating Gym Idiots one rack curler at a time....

Keep up the good public service!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options

Lol. I don't know the exact weight of the attached bar in the rack. My flying guess is 20-30 lbs and dude was flat benching with MAYBE 25 on each side after pyramiding up? I can't imagine what he woulda curled in there. And no I don't judge people for how heavy they lift. In this particular case though... Just sayin...

I'd say the bar is 20...that is what the trainer told ME when he showed me how to do squats.
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I don't do cardio. I climb.
  • Determinednoob
    Options
    I don't do cardio. I climb.

I assumed your avi is from a color run. Is there such a thing as color climbing contests? :wink:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    WTF!? You chased some guy out of the curl rack to do squats? :sad:
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Lol stop being stuck on cardio ladies!! (No hate) Here to make it up to you I googled for you http://lmgtfy.com/?q=curls+in+the+squat+rack

sometimes we work with what we have. I'd LOVE to lift, I love the look of a toned and muscular female form, but alas I don't have the funds for a gym. So I run, and hike and climb dunes.