Newly divorced...

Options
Jonesie86
Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
Okay, as you may gather from the title, I'm divorced, waiting on papers to be finalized....I haven't been single in 10 years, aka since I've been an adult. How's the game work these days for a single 26 year old, nursing student with 2 kids?? lol...all advice, tips, pointers and HOT GUYS welcome haha!! And ladies, I know you all have some kinda advice ;)

Replies

• djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    not sure about advice but i'm sure you won't have any problem finding another guy...the first one lost a beauty..wow!!
  • Jonesie86
    Options
    Thanks! I think so too...his loss, the world's gain is the way I see it ha ha!!
  • Ruger2506
    Ruger2506 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    the kids will make dating tough. Nobody really wants someone else's baggage. I was lucky to find a kid free 30 year old when I finally decided to settle down. We both agreed it is tough to find non-divorced and non-parents these days.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    i was single with 2 kids at 20.i had no ideal what i was doing lol
    Im so sorry to hear about the divorce-its not easy. But I say be you, do you, and your a pretty girl, let them come to you.:flowerforyou:

have fun.:smokin: and enjoy your new path.

and for the record, having 2 kids....didnt affect anything. if anything it weeded out the bad apples:bigsmile:
  • waronmyfat
    waronmyfat Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    you should have a divorce party
  • Gremlinz
    Gremlinz Posts: 3,259 Member
    Options
    I agree that kids should not present much of an obstacle. There are lots of guys out there that love kids, but through whatever circumstances, don't have any of their own!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Okay, as you may gather from the title, I'm divorced, waiting on papers to be finalized....I haven't been single in 10 years, aka since I've been an adult. How's the game work these days for a single 26 year old, nursing student with 2 kids?? lol...all advice, tips, pointers and HOT GUYS welcome haha!! And ladies, I know you all have some kinda advice ;)

Feels like I wrote this lol. I'm divorced, waiting on papers to be finalized, haven't been single in about 11 years (not all one relationship, but consecutive it seemed) I"m also 26 and I have 2 kids. Unfortunately, my city feels like it's a cesspool for mutant men. It's really disheartening and discouraging. I don't even bother dating. I know that's not helpful at all, lol.....

I really don't know how to date? lol
  • Ruger2506
    Options
    Oh don't get me wrong. I didn't let kids get in the way of me sleeping with their moms. I just wasn't about to stick around and raise a Brady Bunch.

I am sure you can find some guy who will though.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I doubt you'll be single for long. You're attractive and after reading the "that awkward moment" thread you're funny too...
  • Jonesie86
    Options
    you should have a divorce party

On my to do list ;)

List:
    1. Rid self of 180lb weight dragging you down.
    2. Have a divorce party.

Hahahhaahaha
  • momar74
    momar74 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am going through a similar thing, separated waiting to be divorced. 2 kids, though not living with me. Suggestions made to me by others: Join a meet-up group, find a support group in your area plenty of them around, do things you enjoy, learn to be comfortable in your own skin and volunteer. It's like riding a bike, it will come back to you.

Filling your day with activities and meeting new people will help you.
  • Jonesie86
    Options
    I doubt you'll be single for long. You're attractive and after reading the "that awkward moment" thread you're funny too...

Ohhh yea...ya saw that did ya lol..and thanks!
  • MissAnjy
    Options
    Oh don't get me wrong. I didn't let kids get in the way of me sleeping with their moms. I just wasn't about to stick around and raise a Brady Bunch.

I am sure you can find some guy who will though.

I'm actually revolted by this post.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Congrast on new beginnings! Sorry, I don't have any advie, I've been married my WHOLE life! Haha! Well, at times it seems like it...almost 23 years.
  • dustygn
    dustygn Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Lol soon I will be allowed to submit my divorce papers too (there is a two year wait here). I am also 26 and started dating my ex when i was 16. We have no kids (luckily) and I haven't been a student for a while. Don't worry too much about meeting someone else straight away. Just enjoy being single while you have the chance!
    I found it a bit scary at first dating for the second time ever. But amazingly I'm now more happy and confident than I ever was before. :)
  • ewl6850
    ewl6850 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You're gorgeous. You got this.
  • Ruger2506
    Options

Maybe in a round 'bout way my advice is watch out for most guys. We are dirty!
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Just be yourself and it will be alright. MFP isn't a bad place to start looking for the next man in your life. I hear they (MFP) even has this thing you can use to track calories.
  • MissAnjy
    Options

Maybe in a round 'bout way my advice is watch out for most guys. We are dirty!

I would hope that you're not "most guys" ....
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

Feels like I wrote this lol. I'm divorced, waiting on papers to be finalized, haven't been single in about 11 years (not all one relationship, but consecutive it seemed) I"m also 26 and I have 2 kids. Unfortunately, my city feels like it's a cesspool for mutant men. It's really disheartening and discouraging. I don't even bother dating. I know that's not helpful at all, lol.....

I really don't know how to date? lol

and at the same time when there are good guys like ummmm...me its hard to find a decent woman..and yes I have kids as well and they live with me so I do understand some things about dating and having kids