Newly divorced...

Replies

• kmhenry84
    kmhenry84 Posts: 96 Member
    sorry, I'm feeling impatient and didn't read through all of these... while I don't have kids, I think I'd say finding a guy isn't the issue. Finding a guy that doesn't have some weird deal breaker... that is..

I was with the same guy all of my adult life (and some high school as well) so I feel ya! It's hard getting adjusted to not being part of a couple. Trust me.. guys will hit on you. They have no shame lol.

But then you'll find out that they've been unemployed for 3 years and don't plan on changing that.... or they want to move CRAZY fast or they have 8 children with 6 moms.
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    If you find out lemme know. I hear you have to put out on the first date?
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    the kids will make dating tough. Nobody really wants someone else's baggage. I was lucky to find a kid free 30 year old when I finally decided to settle down. We both agreed it is tough to find non-divorced and non-parents these days.

I totally disagree with this post! Girl you go for it. I was married and had one child through it. separated but couldnt afford a divorce, and got with someone else who i sadly fell too hard for. got pregnant with him. he left because i wouldnt abort our daughter. yeah i know right? well i remained single the entire pregnancy and started raising the 2 girls on my own, then found a bf who was short term, but then found my new husband. we are now married as of a week ago tomorrow, and i have three kids now.

having kids will NOT hold you back. You go for it. just be yourself and find someone who will love you and your children regardless of your past, flaws, etc!
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    Oh don't get me wrong. I didn't let kids get in the way of me sleeping with their moms. I just wasn't about to stick around and raise a Brady Bunch.

I am sure you can find some guy who will though.

WOW WAY TO MAKE THE ENTIRE MALE POPULATION LOOK LIKE GARBAGE WHEN THERE ARE LIKE 8 OTHER MEN ON HERE SAYING THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE. I APPLAUD YOUR IDIOCRACY.
  • robertmc3000
    robertmc3000 Posts: 9 Member
    They say 50% of marriages (US/Canada) end in a divorce and that 2/3 of divorces are
    initiated by women. With a divorce rate like that your sure to find another husband if you so desire.
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    Thanks everyone...but ready for the REAL kicker??? Wait for it...my 3 year old has Downs Syndrome, and a different "sperm donor" than my 19 month old (I say sperm donor cause her "dad" hasn't seen her since she was 3 weeks old). One thing I won't take from the soon to be ex husband is he stepped up and fathered her when my ex wouldn't - that's a man.

read my first post dear. i have three now with three different men, but the only one who stepped up are my ex bf and my now husband. Good luck to you, and please do not let negative people stop you from pursuing your happiness. feel free to add me as a friend if you would like. i have been through practically everything you can name off and my life is going well now, and as i said im married again!
  • Thanks everyone...but ready for the REAL kicker??? Wait for it...my 3 year old has Downs Syndrome, and a different "sperm donor" than my 19 month old (I say sperm donor cause her "dad" hasn't seen her since she was 3 weeks old). One thing I won't take from the soon to be ex husband is he stepped up and fathered her when my ex wouldn't - that's a man.

OK you lost me there.....

But I have been married 20 years since I was 24... and my stepson is 28 now so it did not stop me!! :smile:
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    You're gorgeous. You got this.

Stop it. :blushing: lol
  • Sprmc47
    Sprmc47 Posts: 82 Member
    Agreed, so beautiful, the right one will come along soon. Your smile is infectious, you must be so fun to be around. Best of luck to you, I am sure you won't need it. :-)
  • Jonesie86
    wow! im going thru a divorce too! in the final stages-just waiting for the papers. i have two small children and am currently going back to school so i can support them. ive wondered this too!! (:

We can be new, online bff's lol!
  • jamszy
    jamszy Posts: 123 Member
    If you find out lemme know. I hear you have to put out on the first date?

This is news to me....
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    The transition from being married to being single is tough (and I don't even have children, so i can't really speak on how much tougher that would be), .....BUT you are fabulous and you are strong! You got this! Just don't rush out the gate too soon..........speaking from experience.......you might regret it; give yourself and your kids whatever time you need to adjust to your new lives - - and HAVE FUN!
  • robin68562
    robin68562 Posts: 116 Member
    the kids will make dating tough. Nobody really wants someone else's baggage. I was lucky to find a kid free 30 year old when I finally decided to settle down. We both agreed it is tough to find non-divorced and non-parents these days.
    You're a jerk.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    tuck the kids in and lets do this
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    After seeing many of my family and friends go bat**** crazy after a divorce, my advice is to try to focus on your kids and try to build a good support network of friends to spend time with. A good hobby should help also.

Being here and focusing on your health and fitness is a great positive channel for any emotions you might be dealing with also.

Good luck to you! :smile:
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    You should feel relieved already....
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    I'm 32, never married, and have no children. I've been spending time focusing on myself and my career, and I don't plan on having any of my own. I would have absolutely no issue dating and eventually getting into a serious relationship with someone with children of their own and could see developing a family this way.

I'm sure there are a lot of guys with similar attitudes.

Good luck!

Edit: This was in response to the classy dude at the beginning of the thread who swears he was a womanizer at some point.
  • Jonesie86
    tuck the kids in and lets do this

lmao...k
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    I wasn't married, but I left my ex after 9 years, so in the laws eyes we basically were :)
    I also have 2 kids and was 31 years old.

My biggest piece of advise is you need time alone. You need to figure out who the new you is, the one who isn't married anymore, who is a single parent, who is on a weight loss journey (I think? haha). You also need to make sure your kids are ok, you need to work out your new relationship with your ex, etc.

Take time before you date. I don't know the reasons for your divorce, but for me it was my decision to leave. That made it a smidge easier, but I still needed time. I took about 4 months before I started dating. It was 9 or more months when I had met someone and was ready for that person to meet my kids. I made sure the kids dad knew, I made sure the kids knew he wasn't going to be there dad, and I made sure everything was ok amongst everyone involved.

Anyways, good luck to you. But take time for you first!!!!

ETA: oh, the game is way different. I mean come on 9 years later for me. But my rules also changed too - being early 20's to early 30's. Also having kids. Just go slow and do what is comfortable for you and your kids
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    I'm not going to write the cliche 'you're gorgeous line'. Instead, i'll say this, women having children will put off the guys you dont want anyway. If a guy can't accept that a woman in her twenties has children then he isn't worth seeking. I don't know much about 'the game' because I can't say I get much female attention, but I'd assume that having kids will be a catalyst rather than a hindrance to you finding another guy.

I also very much agree with this. Guys who have a problem with you being a mother are not guys you want to date anyway.