Newly divorced...

Options
1235»

Replies

• Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Okay, as you may gather from the title, I'm divorced, waiting on papers to be finalized....I haven't been single in 10 years, aka since I've been an adult. How's the game work these days for a single 26 year old, nursing student with 2 kids?? lol...all advice, tips, pointers and HOT GUYS welcome haha!! And ladies, I know you all have some kinda advice ;)

Its weird honestly. I was married for 9 years and was with her since I was a teenager. Needless to say it was a big change. After the shock, it was a lot of soul searching. Dating involves a lot of games unfortunately. It can be fun, but really frustrating.

And yes, you're hot so you'll have no problems with a good selection of guys. :)
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Okay, as you may gather from the title, I'm divorced, waiting on papers to be finalized....I haven't been single in 10 years, aka since I've been an adult. How's the game work these days for a single 26 year old, nursing student with 2 kids?? lol...all advice, tips, pointers and HOT GUYS welcome haha!! And ladies, I know you all have some kinda advice ;)

Its weird honestly. I was married for 9 years and was with her since I was a teenager. Needless to say it was a big change. After the shock, it was a lot of soul searching. Dating involves a lot of games unfortunately. It can be fun, but really frustrating.

And yes, you're hot so you'll have no problems with a good selection of guys. :)

Well thanks for the compliment, but I live in a small town. So there's a bad selection haha...maybe when I move to finish college, I'll find a new batch to work with! For now, it's me and the girls coming first. And a little harmless flirting/oogling mens pics of six packs on MFP is good for a girl ;)
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Tough situation, but I'm sure you'll be OK.

Just be aware that some single guys will be OK with dating a mother of two.. and others won't.

Some guys will also just use single mothers because they know (deep down) that they aren't interested in the kids, they'll just express interest for the sole reason of hopping into bed with you, because you are attractive.

Beware of those guys.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    You know, it should always be "you and the girls" first.
    Don't worry about going begging for a man in your life. Wait till you find one worth letting it.

Beautiful girls you have there too by the way.
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    All that I can say to you is to be patient & don't rush into dating. When you are ready, you will find the right guy. I still consider myself recently divorced (was officially divorced in 2010 after 13 yrs of being married). I have 2 wonderful kids who I'm enjoying the time with them. Soon enough, my baby girl (she 10) will be a teenager & want nothing to do with me.

Thats when I'll start dating again. Granted, I'm 42 so I may have a different outlook than some. For now, I'm happy being a single Dad. If I meet someone in the next year or 2...great. If I don't...great..it just meant mre time with my kids.
  • sktllmdrhmzz
    sktllmdrhmzz Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Find love on MFP.
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I got divorced after 20 years of marriage, not by choice. Takes some getting used to but it is one less person to cook and clean for.

You will be fine and dating will come naturally when you are ready.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Oh don't get me wrong. I didn't let kids get in the way of me sleeping with their moms. I just wasn't about to stick around and raise a Brady Bunch.

I am sure you can find some guy who will though.

Not doing the males of the species proud here man.

And, kids aren't baggage.

I can't see how you all can come down on this guy. He's being honest. He's not saying ALL guys are like this and he's not saying HE'S like this now. It's just how he was THEN. I can tell you, my hubby was definately a wild child prior to us hooking up. He had no shortage of girlfriends or "female companionship", he had no desire for kids, etc. But once we hooked up, he has completely changed. That was 12 years ago. Next week we'll be married 10 years and have 2 kids. There's nothing wrong with a bit of brutal honesty when one is talking about oneself.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Yes, be a woman/be yourself on dates, but never forget that you and the kids are a package deal. When I was divorced, I dated a man who was totally into me, but really wary of getting serious with me because he wasn't fond of kids. There was a bit of on-again-off-again between us for a while, but he kept coming back because he knew I was awesome. ;) As he got to know the kids, he realized that they're awesome, too, and now it's 8 years later, we're married, and he adores the kids, worries over them, and spoils them as if they were always his from the beginning.

You'll know the good ones when you find them...just be careful of caving into the bad ones with HOPES that maaaybe they're actually good after all. :flowerforyou:
  • Jonesie86
    Jonesie86 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You know, it should always be "you and the girls" first.
    Don't worry about going begging for a man in your life. Wait till you find one worth letting it.

Beautiful girls you have there too by the way.

They take after momma ;) lol