Weird things nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    LOL! While shaving I noticed how difficult it has become to shave around my ankle area without cutting myself all to pieces! Same with the knees! GEEZ! haha

Oh gosh yes! One of the first places I lost weight was my ankles (they're really boney while the rest of my is still chubby). When I shave, I look like I got into a fight with my weed eater!
  • carriann2012
    carriann2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I don't turn have to turn off the lights anymore if you know what I mean ( just more confidence in general )...lol :bigsmile: My husband was happy ~ Nothing like going out for your morning run and your shorts start to fall off....this just recently happened to me...lol...good thing it was 6:00am and not to many people out ~
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    :laugh:

I'm freezing....ALL the time.

And if I sit too long, my *kitten* starts to hurt. (less cushioning)

exactly this and the surprise hipbones and the wrinkles. I'll take it all
  • Marie294
    Options
    I didn't realize how high up my hip bones really were. I’m flippin freezing all the time. Some "confidential" areas look different than before or maybe its just because I can see that now. Much like how I didn't realize how big I'd become I don't always realize how much progress I've made. Still wouldn't trade it though.

Oh Same with me! Like, "What are my hips doing up here?" I always thought they were much lower, lol!!
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I was a little sore in my hip area after a long walk a few weeks ago, and I was trying to massage it myself, and I came across a lump. I was utterly convinced it was a huge knot, since I was feeling sore anyhow -- Nope! That wasn't the knot, that was my hip bone!
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I am cold all the time. Like don't need air conditioning in the summer cold.
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My whole body feels weird to me. I spend a lot of time just sort of poking at bones, feeling strange about them. This probably makes me look like a weirdo always feeling up my own hips and ribs.

Also, staying afloat in water is much more of a challenge.
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    OH! another thing...I'm really short, so I have to keep the seat in my car up really far. And I used to have to slide it way back to fit my fat *kitten* out of there, and slide it way back up every time I got in to reach the pedals. Now I haven't adjusted the position of my seat in months, I just slide in there with no issues. YES.

And I no longer fear metal detectors, as it is physically possible to remove my wedding ring (indeed, it is too big).

And put me down as another one who lost a shoe size. Two shoe sizes, actually.
  • PisceanDream224
    Options
    I really shouldn't mention this, but I noticed recently that I have had a loss in my "region" (ladies, if you know what I mean)... I don't know if it is changes from having my baby and gaining weight there while I was preggo, to now losing weight after him or what, but it was extremely strange to me that you can lose fat in areas of the such. Sorry if TMI... :S Just weird to me.
  • lyblood1
    lyblood1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    This post has really helped me. I sleep on my side and for the last 7-10 days I've been waking up sore and couldn't understand why. Duh....the fat cushion has gone down. Y'all don't know how happy y'all just made me tonight!:happy:
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have no idea if this is something I've always had and never noticed or a just result of losing some weight.

I noticed last night while doing the leg press at the gym (really the only time my legs are straight out in front of me since I am no longer 6 years old and sit on the floor straight-legged) that my right knee looked bigger then the other. Thought I was imagining it but it kept bugging me--so when I got home I took a measuring tape to both knees (feeling completely foolish) and found that I was indeed right--it's half an inch bigger in circumference than the other!

Weird. If it has been that way my whole life, it's a little late to be just noticing it now since I'm 42. If it's from the weight loss, I hope they even out at some point. :smile:
  • rhipretty
    Options
    No more padding - knocking your hip against a table hurts a lot!

You can pretty much never buy a watch or bracelet unless you get links taken out... most of slide off my hands without effort!

Most of my other ones are related to blood pressure and circulation because when I was heavier I had completely healthy blood pressure. Now that I've lost weight my blood pressure is even lower so I get cold a lot more (my feet and hands are pretty much never warm unless I've been running - I do have the best collection of brightly coloured socks though) and I tend to have Reynaud's attacks a lot more frequently now.

Not to mention getting dizzy when standing up after a little while sitting!
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    1. Being cold all the time
    2. Pants try to fall down so much more, I have no butt!!
    3. Sitting at booths in restaurants. I used to not be able to fit in a booth and now there's so much of a gap between me and the table that I have to kind of sit at the edge of the booth or risk food droppage...eek!
    4. Watches don't fit and have to get links taken out of them
    5. Having a bony butt and getting sore if I sit too long on a hard floor
    6. That the last 40 pounds is the HARDEST thing I have EVER attempted to lose in my life. and I've lost a lot of things. 220 pounds, car keys, wallets, cats, men, hair.....

225! AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Nobody ever told me how much time I'd waste just looking at myself in the mirror... flexing! LMAO - it's kinda sad how fascinated I am by my own muscles!

I frequently check the bathroom mirror to make sure my abs still look good. Thank goodness I live alone.:blushing:

OMG, I'm such a mirror poser too, now. Love my biceps, which were never defined before -- EVER. AND, I never noticed muscles in my back.:blushing:
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    I LOVE looking at my hands. I love seeing the bones in them. I admire my hands at least a half hour a day, whenever my mind starts wandering. My feet are neat looking as well, I just realized I can see my bones all along the top of them. My toes look a lot longer now as well.

And my calves are so smooth and nice looking... if only my thighs weren't so large and lumpy above them! I've become a narcissist, I take time every day just to feel myself up!

Waking up in the morning is NOT any easier though, no matter what I've heard from people.
  • wade78
    wade78 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've got cheek bones
    I'm cold
    My boobs have shrunk
    I can cross my legs at the knees/thighs with ease
    My collarbones are back
    My posture is much better. I hold my head up high now and I dont slouch as much. I dont know if thats increased confidence or from working out
    I can be a vain cow as I'm checking myself in the mirror everytime I get!
  • graciousdove
    graciousdove Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I thought I had an abdominal mass. I felt it on one side of my lower abdomen, but not the other. Uh-oh. Just happened to have an appointment with my GYN. I told her my concern. She examined me, told me to try and sit up from a lying position on the exam table. She finally completed her exam and said, "Susan, you have abdominal muscles!" Me? At 50 years old. Abdominal muscles for the first time in my life could be felt!

I was just experiencing the same thing this week! I started working out again after about a 3 week break and I was cramping up during my warm up (sad, I know) and I went to grab my stomach where it was cramping and I felt this weird thing! It was the side of my stomach not covered in fat! I'm so excited and that just motivated me even more! I actually can feel my stomach muscles now!
  • JennyBug2007
    Options
    I used to be able to see my stomach under my chest without bending over... now I can't do that!

Tying my shoes is also easier!
  • Cds309
    Cds309 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Me too on the rings! My wedding ring is now perilously loose, and I've only lost 20 lbs since my wedding two years ago. Money is tight so I haven't been able to resize it and I already lost it once in the snow this past winter and (miraculously) found it a week later when things thawed out. I'm thinking of wraping it in string or something so I can at least keep it on my finger!

Hello, They have these things called ring sizers or something like that that you can get from walmart or a jewlery store maybe. Its like a plastic fitter that wraps around the band to make it tighter. Maybe called a ring guard. Im not sure.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    i started to see my collarbone. caught a glimpse of it in the mirror the other day and thought what the heck is that then i realized what it was. i hope to God my feet do not get any smaller i already wear a size 5 (sometimes a kids 3) and struggle to find shoes. oh and i can sit with both legs crossed and feet tucked under (grew up calling it indian style - i realize how terribly wrong that is to call it now. sorry if it offends.