Think it's time I made some friends

Options
I've been here almost a month now and progress is good, but it might be nice to have some friends on the journey.

I'm 46 and female, married but no kids, and want to lose around 50 lbs, which will take me to the top of my BMI range.

I love to eat and I love food - talking about it, cooking it and thinking about it. For this reason although I will take MFP seriously and am happy to weigh and measure and record, I don't want to obsess about it. I don't believe that one bad day will make me put on weight, in the same way that sometimes, no matter how good I am, the weight just won't shift. I know there will be days when I go over my calories and I know there will be times when I won't complete my diary and I'm happy with that, as long as I keep making progress and my weight is generally going down rather than up. I'm fully expecting my weight loss to take up to a year and am happy with this.

I live in Wiltshire and work in London so spend up to 4 hours a day on my commute. This doesn't leave much time or energy for exercise, though I do have two 15 minute walks each day and try a longer walk 2-3 times a week. This is another reason I think my weight loss will be slow as when I've lost weight in the past (on Weight Watchers) I've been going to gym and walking a lot more than I do now. But, like I said, I'm happy with this.

So that's me. I'd love some friends who have a similar philosopy about weight loss and can laugh with me when I announce that I've "accidentally" been to Krispy Kreme for breakfast, and then gently encourage me to get back on track.

Replies

• Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats for sticking with it the last month! This is a life changing journey. I love food as well and have been learning to make better choices while still enjoying my life. That is what it is all about after all..this isnt a diet, it is life :happy:

You are doing awesome so far. This site has been very useful to me in helping me track what I am eating (its easy to sneak in extra calories without even thinking about it) and the motivation of others has been great also. Best of luck to you and feel free to add me if you like!
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Bumping!
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You sound as if you are in the right frame of mind and are going about this the right way. It will take time, but that is what will make it work. It is a lifestyle change and not a diet. MFP is a fantastic site and with the support of a good friendship network, it makes it so much better.

Good luck on your journey, feel free to friend me:flowerforyou:
    Linda
  • Caroline1803
    Options
    Hiya

I am a newbie on MFP but over the past 2 years I have lost 100lbs doing Slimming World. Sadly I haven't been able to stay on track doing SW lately so I have slipped back into old eating habits and gained back about 20lbs of it.

No point in dwelling on it though and I am now motivated to get back to losing again. I am 50 years old and in Hampshire.

I can identify with the krispy Kreme dilemma, I have many an "incident" too!

Feel free to add me x
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It feels good to have some friends now. If only it were so easy to make them in the real world!

Tomorrow it will be one month since I officially started MFP, and I'm 8 lbs down. Most importantly I'm learning that on this plan I can actually still eat the types of food I like to eat. I just need to plan a bit, be a bit more organised with my preparations and, most of all, control my portions. Weighing and measuring is a bit tedious but for me is probably the most important thing.

I really feel like this is doable now. And suddenly that 50 lb loss doesn't seem so far away.