I am new to MFP

Options
Hello. I am new to MFP. I am looking to lose 40 pounds and am looking for people who are trying to lose the same. My Dr. told me I should go on a 800 calorie diet for one week to kick start my diet. Anyone have any good diet plans? I could use any help and suggestions anyone can give me.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• nicolio8699
    nicolio8699 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    good luck, new friend! beware of saying you ever plan on eating under 1200 calories in a day around here---the vultures will attack! lol good luck! and keep strong that 1st week, 800 is hard to maintain! (but definitely beneficial in the beginning in my humble opinion!) <3<3n-
  • rayj123
    Options
    I am new too and my goal is to eat 1250 calories a day. Wishing you lots of luck and best wishes. I would recommend homemade yummy salads for lunch and steamfry vegi/chicken stirfrys :)
  • QueenCrisis
    Options
    If you think you can... I did the e-HCG diet for a week and lost ten lbs in water weight. It could work for you.
  • AmberMahfouz
    Options
    Good luck, doll. My best advice is to stay positive no matter what. There will be days when you eat things you shouldn't and days where you don't work out and days where you just want to give up, but remember life is short and you have to make the best of it! You are trying to better yourself so don't let anyone or anything get you down. You're beautiful and remember to love yourself!
  • jenni765
    Options
    Good luck :-)
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    If you think you can... I did the e-HCG diet for a week and lost ten lbs in water weight. It could work for you.

Just stop while your ahead!
  • alexeads
    Options
    well im looking to lose about the same to so maybe we coould give eachother some ideas :)
  • lamandap
    Options
    I am new also this is my first week. I never realized how much I actually ate. 1200 calories is a huge difference for me. But I have 92 lbs to lose. So I have to do this. I keep telling
    myself the first week is the hardest. I hope next week I wont be starving even after I eat. Good luck to you.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    I recently put together a blog with some of my thoughts on advice to MFP beginners as well as some links to very valuable blogs and threads that could help you get started. Here's the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ihad/view/truth-justice-and-the-mfp-way-a-primer-for-beginners-422837
  • applemad69
    Options
    Hi all, another newbie here.

I lost 2.5 stone a few years ago and went from 17.5 to 15, then I met my new wife, got a little too happy with life and forgot I'm over 40 and can't just eat anything I like now that I don't play any sport anymore, so having gained 3 stone I'm now 13st 3lbs and determined to find the healthier me once again, so please wish me luck and lots of will power!
  • Jamiesgirl1013
    Options
    Good morning I am new to MFP. I am looking to lose 45 lbs. I am tired of this roller coaster thing called dieting. I am looking to eat healthy and stay active.
  • grneyez2823
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Luck. Remember the slower it comes off the better chance of keeping it off. I'm starting at 1300 calories a day and have ALOT:cry: to lose. This program is really easy to use so far. just stop eating at your daily calorie point....of course that means you could be done eating by noon. I've done weight watchers and it works but the cost is tremendous compared to this program. Good Luck! AND WELCOME:smile:
  • mybeer
    Options
    Hi all, another newbie here
    All the typical diet tricks I hav heard lately from those TV shows the wife watches caused me to loose 15 lbs ! Im shur you already heard, glass of water before eating, wait an extra 30 min before eating, healthy snacks only, always eat breakfast etc.

Well my problem is the opposite and I was doing those things because of my job mostly. I work retail so I need to stay on the floor to make $$$. Now I have always considered myself a healthy eater but Im looking for modest weight gain not loss.
    I have come back up 5# by adding healthy fats to the evening meal but I need 10 or 15 more Lbs.
    Anyone here trying to gain weight ?